#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Soooo, looks like the Star added some extra bullshit details to make the story extra juicy. Figures. The link goes to a photobucket account, so it's ok to click on.

butterflyshine called me...she had the Star. She said 1st paragraph okay..talking about Reed and Clay. 2nd paragraph she has issues with and that is where she felt they lost it. They were talking about how Reed and Clay are so close and tight that they now have custody of Parker and Clay has a nanny to take care of Parker and that Jaymes went back to LA and told them to come visit at Christmas in Vancouver and is very happy with the arrangement and the relationship between Reed and Clay.

Star Stupidity

ETA: {{{xxx4clay}}}

I think Reed will be able to handle all of Clay's "extended

:huh:

Who would have thought that Carolina Clay would be a smutter, too! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh and ldyj...I was going to say that my grandmother used to say 'shit' or get of the pot, too! And Fear, that makes me walking along with you re: those still 'struggling' with the did he lie/not lie and then did he apologize/really mean it, etc. Either you're okay with Clay being Clay the way Clay chooses to be Clay or you're not. Figure it out and move on.

Another day of spreadsheets and expense reconciliation and budget reporting to HOPEFULLY close our most recent conference. I won't complain though since I heard on the radio this morning about all the job eliminations, layoffs, etc. I have a job for now so I ain't complaining!

Have a great day, all! :imgtongue:

ETA: re: the Star article...BWAH! Well, we KNEW it couldn't just be a reporting that Clay has a boyfriend---not by a tabloid. THey have to spice it up with conjecture (written as fact, of course) about how the relationship will work with Parker and Jaymes....

oy....on another note, I was thinking...with Reed being four years younger than Clay, I wonder if some of Clay's 'angst' over turning thirty that he has just loved to dramatize has to do with his relationship...heee...Like he's getting 'too old' for his boyfriend. :lmaosmiley-1:

Soooo, looks like the Star added some extra bullshit details to make the story extra juicy. Figures. The link goes to a photobucket account, so it's ok to click on.

butterflyshine called me...she had the Star. She said 1st paragraph okay..talking about Reed and Clay. 2nd paragraph she has issues with and that is where she felt they lost it. They were talking about how Reed and Clay are so close and tight that they now have custody of Parker and Clay has a nanny to take care of Parker and that Jaymes went back to LA and told them to come visit at Christmas in Vancouver and is very happy with the arrangement and the relationship between Reed and Clay.

Star Stupidity

ETA: {{{xxx4clay}}}

gag!! I agree, nice first paragraph, the rest is crap IMO funny that Clay has a show on Christmas, and jaymes would know that, yet she invited him to Canada..uh huh

Bella :thbighug-1:

Where do these rags get their information? They all sit around a table and just speculate until they finally come up with Clay and Reed have custody of Parker and will have a nanny?

I wonder how that "story" will evolve. Damn!

I wonder how the homophobes will react to that.

I receive notices from "In the Life" a programme on PBS on the GLT community and heard this.

Focus on the Family alone spent almost a quarter of a billion dollars on anti-gay messages sent to 7000 radio stations in the U.S.

so I wanted to post, and say hello..since I read here, didn't want you guys to think I was looking over your shoulders lol don't know if Ill become a huge poster, but I'm going to try to do it a bit more..

Giddy new posters are always welcome! And as for becoming a huge poster, I guess the trick to that would be avoiding stuff like fruitcake and pecan pie over the holidays. And taking brisk walks, maybe. heh

It does seem kind of amusing to me to see pictures of Clay and Reed examined minutely for evidence FOR a relationship and then AGAINST a relationship. Reminds me of boobgate. Pictures are such a moment in time - who knows what happened 5 seconds before or five seconds after?

Yeah, who knows...particularly if it involved Reed's fingers moving against Clay's neck.

What.

Have a fantastic trip luckiest. :party038:

Lotus, of course those people who donated the money wouldn't rather it go to starving children in this country and others. :whatacrock: Between the money spent on political campaigns and on discriminatory social issues what a pathetic waste of resources. :rant:

I guess the Star will always be a tabloid. They won't get my money either.

Welcome smit... claylaughs! :welcome:

As for the Star? :langue: :whatacrock:

hi guys!

its been awhile since Ive posted on a new board, you probably know me as smittenwithclay (or maybe you don't know me lol) and my friend Wandacleo kept telling me I should post at FCA, I don't know why I changed my name, probably because I was afraid of having someone look over my shoulders..thought I could be someone else here...or else I was just under the influence at the time..either way, like I said in the welcome thread, you can call me smitten, Ill know who your talking about :) anyways, I kept telling wanda that I was skeered to post on a new board, but the new possible boyfriend got me to post...

Do not be skeered of us. Hehehehehehehe!!

If you've changed your mind about your chosen screenname, we can use our supersekrit totally amazing mod powers to change your sn back to smittenwithclay.

:welcome:

hi guys!

its been awhile since Ive posted on a new board, you probably know me as smittenwithclay (or maybe you don't know me lol) and my friend Wandacleo kept telling me I should post at FCA, I don't know why I changed my name, probably because I was afraid of having someone look over my shoulders..thought I could be someone else here...or else I was just under the influence at the time..either way, like I said in the welcome thread, you can call me smitten, Ill know who your talking about :) anyways, I kept telling wanda that I was skeered to post on a new board, but the new possible boyfriend got me to post...

all day I've been in the "I'm not believing it without some evidence" car, and Ive never been a shipper..ever, and I didn't intend to even care about someone else's love life (my own is a mess enough) but then I saw on CV that reed changed his myspace status to "in a relationship" and that broke me, and I found myself grinning like a fool, and just very very happy for him, I guess it just goes to show that when the relationship is about someone that I love, then I do care :)there are enough signs pointing toward it being true for me to get kinda giddy now...or really giddy lol

so I wanted to post, and say hello..since I read here, didn't want you guys to think I was looking over your shoulders lol don't know if Ill become a huge poster, but I'm going to try to do it a bit more..

hello to those that I do know, and hello to those that I don't yet but plan to get to know...

so yes, to anyone who saw me "not caring" Im a big ole hypocrite lol

p.s. I am not, nor do I plan to befriend Reed on facebook or myspace lol

I'm so glad you started posting here. I've read your posts on the OFC and CB and I love what you have to say. Agree with at least 98%, allowing myself some wiggle room here, with your posts. You are always so upbeat and encouraging so you will fit right in here. Some will say they are mean here but I don't think they bite.

hi guys!

Do not be skeered of us. Hehehehehehehe!!

If you've changed your mind about your chosen screenname, we can use our supersekrit totally amazing mod powers to change your sn back to smittenwithclay.

that would be wonderful! I dont feel like myself with a different name lol I dont know what I was thinking, but I joined over a year ago lol

Well, I'm gonna have fun with this, damn it, and nobody can stop me! At least we're not getting dizzy on the gerbil wheel of "He lied" here.

Who’s trying to stop you? Here is the rest of my commentary:

By all means, have fun with it (lord knows *I* am, I'm one of the best visualizers around) but I’ve seen a few too many statements of fact for me to be comfortable.

Anyhoo....re: fic about Clay and a real person...funny thing. The Clyra is the only fic I ever wrote that had Clay with a real person. (although I had Kelly as part of the overall story in another story, it wasn't the main plotline)

Clay was actually the “real person” I was referring to.

ETA:
I am creeped out by hearing a lot of people asking Reed to be their friend on Facebook!
Now THIS is what is really and truly making me ill. When I see all these Clay fans rush to have Reed make them his 'friend' on his MySpace or Facebook or whatever, I get the same feeling I do when I'm watching television and someone does something really, really embarrassing. I get sooooo embarrassed FOR them that I actually feel...unsettled, ashamed and downright yucky. And THAT'S how I feel at the idea that now there's another example of those 'cra--enthusiastic' fans of Clay Aiken. Slam me if you will, but I think it sucks and it's humiliating---just asking for ridicule, IMO.

You won’t get any argument from me on this one. Creeped out is putting it mildly.

As for the Creed? I'm having just as much fun with it as I had with the Clannah (or even the Clocke). You remember fun, right? It's something that is mostly lacking in the board-dom these days, so if we can have a few giggles with this without having to put a disclaimer on every post, that's fine by me. It's been too long.

And yet we can’t diss the hair, even in fun…

The following commentary is NOT directed at anyone here on this board (that I am aware of...) and I DO understand the difference between taking things seriously and just having fun with shipping, which is what I believe is happening on this board.

But I've been thinking (often a dangerous thing.........)

I just get a bit creeped out seeing Clay fans seeking out pictures of Reed, seeking out evidence that they are a couple, giving hits to tabloidy, gossip sites, etc.

Where’s that flying pig emoticon??? Girl, the kind of shit you are talking about has creeped me out for years.

I dunno, it kinda makes me sad that we get to be happy that the media is NOW treating Clay as a regular guy, just because he came out. What the fuck was wrong with treating him like a normal guy BEFORE that?? That’s depressing, IMO. The bar has been set extraordinarily low. Kinda how I got depressed at my initial exuberance that Rahm Emanual might have turned in the crooked Governor. That’s what you’re SUPPOSED to do!! The bar has been set low when one can get excited about someone following the law.

kf, I think in times of economic troubles, gossip rags take on a bigger focus in people's worlds. They want the escapism. While most of my day yesterday was reading about how I happen to live in a state who can't seem to elect someone as governor who can't stay legal (and in yesterday's case, rather stupidly at that), I would come to the boards to drool over Reed and Clay as a relief.

WhatsamattaME? I must be one loonie chick because I find political scandals way, WAY more interesting than celebrity scandals. Political scandals ... people are indicted and end up in prison. Celebrity scandals ... people are busted and end up in rehab. Oops, 'scuse me, I hear that different drummer marching through....

You are never alone, KF – I find the political stuff way more interesting too, as long as it’s REAL (which it often isn’t) and it certainly appears rock solid in this case. And “rather stupidly” is putting it mildly in this case, I’m afraid, ldyj.

Whoosh! Lots of stuff to read after a couple of slow days. How does anyone get caught up if they've been gone for a few?

Anyway, I'm gonna make a couple of scattershots 'cause most of what I think has already been said... First, the Star thing. I feel a little sheepish b/c my Mom has a subscription and I sometimes find myself reading it (typically, in the bathroom when it's either Star or staring at the wall! :lol:). But, anyway, I feel that even though most of the article is crap, at least it is positive crap, right? I mean it's better than snide little comments about either or the both of them.

And, even though I feel a little funny welcoming a new person since I consider myself a new person, it's nice to meetcha claylaughs! *waves in typical overly enthusiastic c-coffin fashion*

That Lycos thing... Is it just lycos.com searches? Not, like, Google or Yahoo! searches? Because I think Google and Yahoo!Search are probably the most widely used... not that I'm complaining or anything. Just thinking.

And, ERGH! I just spent an extraordinarily frustrating 45 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't transfer my Clack onto my iPod as a TV show before finally figuring out it was only transferring stuff I hadn't watched yet! GAH! It's not easy being compu-stupid.

Anyway... That's enough of me. Now we need... hmm...

Clay-AMAs2006.jpg

Yep, that's what we need. Sorry there's no is he/isn't he Reed. :D

that would be wonderful! I dont feel like myself with a different name lol I dont know what I was thinking, but I joined over a year ago lol

Done!

Wheeeee power wheeeeee

Done!

Wheeeee power wheeeeee

hee! glad I could help :)

Smittenwithclay I enjoy reading your post over at the CB and OFC. You are able to reply and reason topics out so your point comes across very well. I also was at Kalamazoo and thought your story was great.

I do like the pictures of Clay and Reed. Did not like how the Star mag wrote up their story. I can not believe that Jaymes would just leave. She went through a lot to have her dream and would not give up Parker that easily. I will not be buying that mag.

HeidiHo...no need to quote and explain---I wasn't even specifically referring to you when I said I was just gonna have fun with the current relationship speculation! :) And as for Clay being the real person you were talking about re: fanfiction, the funny thing is that at some point long after I'd logged off after talking about that, it occurred to me that by 'real' person, you WERE talking about Clay. :blink: heh

See, I didn't even know about fan fiction as a genre until Clay. That is, all the fiction that evidently has been written about tv show casts or movie characters, etc.--Star Trek and House and Lord of the Rings and whatnot? I had NO idea! So for me, the term 'fan fiction' ONLY refers to Clay! :cryingwlaughter: And yeah, he's a real person, but the guy named Clay in my stories is a fictional character since I do NOT know the real man (damn it to HELL!)

Yeah, who knows...particularly if it involved Reed's fingers moving against Clay's neck.

Oooh...when I read this (sorry, forgot who wrote it) I immediately thought of MadLibs! It could be like:

Yeah, who knows....particularly if it involved Reed's (noun-body part) moving (preposition) Clay's (noun-body part). :sleezy:

Ah...good times, good times. ;)

I'm so glad you started posting here. I've read your posts on the OFC and CB and I love what you have to say. Agree with at least 98%, allowing myself some wiggle room here, with your posts. You are always so upbeat and encouraging so you will fit right in here. Some will say they are mean here but I don't think they bite.

Who are you calling "they", young lady?

funny-pictures-there-is-no-fluffy.jpg

Who are you calling "they", young lady?

funny-pictures-there-is-no-fluffy.jpg

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

You're cracking me up lately!!!

Maybe "they" don't bite, but "they" can be biting now and then. :hysterical:

I think Reed will be able to handle all of Clay's "extended

:huh:

Who would have thought that Carolina Clay would be a smutter, too! :cryingwlaughter:

LOL, talk about being misquoted ... "extended family." :lol:

Have a great trip, Luckiest1! :thbighug-1:

Cindy, I sure could use a graphic like that banner.

Piano student alert ... see y'all later! :imgtongue:

Caro

As for the Creed? I'm having just as much fun with it as I had with the Clannah (or even the Clocke). You remember fun, right? It's something that is mostly lacking in the board-dom these days, so if we can have a few giggles with this without having to put a disclaimer on every post, that's fine by me. It's been too long.

And yet we can’t diss the hair, even in fun…

Uhhuh, because "Clay might have a sexy new boyfriend...gah!" and insulting (call it teasing or 'fun' if you like) "Clay's hair looks like shit (lather, rinse, repeat) are the exact same thing. *nods head*

Welcome, smitten.

ETA: Star Magazine(et al) could have exclusive photos of Clay's wedding, and they wouldn't get a nickel from me. They are destructive and without conscience, regardless if they happen to have a 'harmless' story once in a while. Buying those things is tacit approval of them - sorry, but I can't see it any other way.