#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Happy New Year FCA

loved the photos ldyjocelyn

To all of you packing up to go to New York or on your way to New York, have a wonderful time.

I hope you all arrive safely and on time.

And please give us your recaps of the shows and SD pictures. Even if you think that you will only be repeating what others have said it.

:confetti-1: Just speaking for myself here, then those of us who can't be there can feel part of this celebration. :confetti-1:

ldyj - great pics - color me green with envy... Sis and I never got a stage door when we were there in early April... oh well. At least I got to go and I've been in an after concert line and gotten my hand touched so I'll count my blessings and try not to be greedy... ;-)

Safe travels to all heading to or already in NYC!

Happy New Year to all at FCA!! Hope 2009 is all you wish it to be!

Still recovering from a nasty case of flu but wanted to say a belated thank you for all of the birthday wishes last week. They meant a lot.

Also wanted to thank my good friend Fear, who was amazing during WFI, truly my right hand. She and her husband actually finished breaking down our WFI site at the mall on Monday-including returning 7 donated 6' tables, which was no small feat....and they insisted I stay in bed and try to get better for NYC this weekend. It's a fact: FCA'ers rock! I AM feeling better, antibiotics to prevent pneumonia have helped me turn the corner. Can't wait to see so many of you on the weekend!

Annabear, FromClaygary, and all other FCA members who are, or will be, in transit....safe travels. See you soon!

Happy New Year FCA! May 2009 be the best and brightest year ever...for Clay & family, and for all of us, too.

jmh, if you had grown up in Texas you would have heard George singing The Race Is On for years on the radio, literally.

Or, if you were a Sawyer Brown fan. Because it got mentioned every.damn.time it got played on the radio that it was a cover of the George Jones tune and didn't measure up...*yawn* Whatever. It was a huge break-out hit for them and I still play it all the time.

*waves to duckyvee*

The Race is On Sawyer Brown

I had forgotten how "out there" Mark was, hee.

And that mullett! :hahaha:

---

Tonight I do laundry! Tomorrow I pack! :cocktail:

edited to fix link

Want to hear about my exciting New Year's Eve? We just had pizza for dinner...hubby is watching the Twilight Zone marathon on the Sc-Fi channel and since he worked last night and just had a couple of beers with his pizza, I expect him to be asleep in about an hour.

I just took a hot bath; have my jammies on and am fixing to plop myself on the couch and watch "That's Entertainment" on TCM.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kim

Well, I'm pretty sure 2009 can't be as full of surprises as 2008 was, unless I wake up one morning to find Clay crooning in my kitchen, David tapdancing in the shower, Reed doing yoga in the dining room, and Rick and Tom standing on the garage roof taunting the neighbors. That's not going to happen, right? :unsure:

bottle.... ummm... if that happens, I'm moving in... jest warnin' ya' now!!! :cryingwlaughter: Wouldn't that be an absolute riot!!!

Someone at the FCA get-togethers, please take pics and, more importantly, please have a fantastic time!

Well, my night is not anymore exciting. I did make supper, we had grilled salmon, rice pilaf, veg, and dessert. We just got done watching a horrible movie and now I do not know what we will do the rest of the night. Knowing my husband he will be asleep in about an hour. He said he is not staying up to watch Ryan since his musical guest are not that great. I teased him that the Jonas Brothers and Taylor Swift are on. He thinks they both suck, so that did not do it. The only one to him that sounded good was Lional Richie. I probably will be watching the ball drop by myself.

Happy New Year everyone!

This year I'm especially thankful for good friends and great company!

My plane arrived at LGA 25 minutes ahead of time, though we did have to wait a bit at the gate. The hotel that Solo pricelined at $125 (on New Year's Eve!!!) sent the shuttle to pick me up within 5 minutes -- even I'll say that was cold! Wind chill of 0 degress, wow!!! Everyone was friendly ahd helpful -- the driver who shooed me into the van and took care of my bags and the front desk people who were sympathetically freezing with me (swore they hated the cold as much as Texans).

Now I'm warm in my room with a cup of soup and chunk of bread from Au Bon Pain (at the airport). I could go outside and the front desk people were encouraging but I think I'm ok and will just cozy up with a good book and the Internet.

Thanks to everyone for a great year, especially PerusingOne and Solo who enable me almost every week!!!

I'm going to Spam tomorrow, Eeeeee!!!!

ETA: And I just got back to a PM from PerusingOne that she found me a great Friday afternoon ticket -- I'm just about to burst! Here's to a great year ahead of us!!!

ETAA: ldyj, thank you for the beautimous pics!!!

ETYAA: kimiye, OMG, I forgot to send you my new phone. I PM'ed it just now. Thanks for all the restaurant recommendations -- I guess I'm not going to Megu's though I'm glad you were able to go when they still had that great lunch deal; nevermind, the noodles at Sapporo rock!!!

Happy New Year 2009 FCA !

Congratulations, Clay on a really great run in Spamalot!

Congratulations on Parker and all your new happiness.

A ClayNation Flashback:

MTV-NewYearsEve-2003

NewYork City

gallery_553_41_1441.jpg

Wishing you all many sun-filled days with blue skies and clouds floating by:

gallery_553_41_217073.jpg

Safe Travels to all!!

My flight is delayed...FOG. Oh well ...the only thing I don't like is the part about still getting there for your scheduled flight because we might leave on time.

Everyone have a very happy new year. Looking forward to seeing everyone and my boyfriend too.

Good luck, Couchie! Hope muski made it into the city OK.

Thanks for the flashback to 2003, TimetavelerPax - he was, and still is, so CUTE!

And bottle? If Clay & Reed & David & Rick & Tom do end up at your house, I'm moving in along with liney! :cryingwlaughter:

Good luck, Couchie! Hope muski made it into the city OK.

Thanks for the flashback to 2003, TimetavelerPax - he was, and still is, so CUTE!

And bottle? If Clay & Reed & David & Rick & Tom do end up at your house, I'm moving in along with liney! :cryingwlaughter:

I hope she has a big house

I'm home and ALIVE!

I'll tell y'all all about my trip tomorrow as I need to soak my poor abused feet and thighs...if you don't wanna walk, Tokyo is not for you!

Happy New Year, y'all!

Scarlett, send me your freaking new number.

Did someone say "party at bottlecap's house?" I have a sleeping bag....

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet (watching a movie with husband first) but dreamlarge has posted her annual year-end review montage

. I'm sure it will be fantastic though -- she does good work.

TimeTravelerPax, I was hoping someone would remember that night with Clay. He was so cute that night. And he still is cute in 2009!

Welcome back KAndre!

I'm home and ALIVE!

I'll tell y'all all about my trip tomorrow as I need to soak my poor abused feet and thighs...if you don't wanna walk, Tokyo is not for you!

Happy New Year, y'all!

YAY!! KAndre is back. I wanna hear all about it....tomorrow after you are rested.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody!!!

Safe travels couchie, muski, everyone else on the road!! Have a great time!!!

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet (watching a movie with husband first) but dreamlarge has posted her annual year-end review montage
. I'm sure it will be fantastic though -- she does good work.

Just watched it and it is wonderful! She is really so talented.

Couchie, safe flight and I'll see you soon! Woo hoo!

Ok, where did the emotions the bold button etc go???????

ldyj... that dreamlarge montage is awesomely beautiful! Thanks for bringing it over!

What a year he/we have had!

UNICEF

Spamalot

GFI

OMWH

Parker

Coming out

Gala

Turning 30

Spamalot

I'm sure I forgot something.

I miss some of the friends who couldn't/wouldn't stay after the "not an announcement", but he's living authentically now and to me the truth has set him and us free. I'm happy that he's happy... and free!

Quite a year, indeed!

HAPPY 2009!!!

Ok, seems everyone else has their bold buttons and colors and emotions etc. Why do I only get a box to write in?????????????

How can I make a pretty Happy New Year without them?

Is this a sign that I am destined to have a colorless, emotionless 2009??????

I'm home and ALIVE!

Happy New Year, y'all!

Sent! Glad to see you back.

CG, you must have hit some button to get rid of your editing stuff...but darned if I know what it is! If I have time, I'll look around for you...

I personally hope that Clay surprises me...with whatever he wants to surprise me with! This past year has been a wild ride, that's for sure. And I've learned after almost 6 years in this fandom (wow, 6 years) that what I hope for isn't really important for Clay. I love watching the man he's become; I love hearing him sing whatever he wants to; and I will follow him and his career for a long time to come!

Or, as liney said so well...

I'm happy that he's happy... and free!

couchie, have fun! And the same for all the rest of you lucky beyotches wenches who are going to be there this weekend....