#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

Now we know why he was always checking the OFC board. He was wondering if we found out!

I love that guy!

Well, they managed to keep a secret for once! :clap:

The last time, I'm sure was just to read birthday wishes for Parker though.

That's excellent news! Decca is a music group for serious, established artists -- from the looks of the list -- which includes Rufus Wainwright and Boz Skaggs. Oh baby -- I love them! I see Andrea Bocelli and Sting on the list too -- I'm not so much a fan of theirs, but understand that many love them too. But the big Unversal umbrella is as good as it gets, IMO, and all that we could have hoped for Clay.

That's awesome to hear!

I went through the list...

Artists listed that canfly has heard of:

* Andrea Bocelli

* Boyz II Men

* Branford Marsalis Quartet

* Placido Domingo

* Roy Hargrove (have heard the name but don't know a thing about him. Do I know any of his songs?)

* Ladyhawke (sounds familiar but no idea if I know any of her/their music)

* One Flew South (name sounds familiar but that's it)

* Proclaimers, The (ditto)

* Boz Scaggs (have heard the name. Is he country?)

* John Scofield (name sounds familiar but that's it)

* Sting (Yeah BAYBEE!!!)

* The Waterboys (name sounds familiar)

OK...so in summary, off of that list, other than people like

* Andrea Bocelli

* Branford Marsalis Quartet

* Placido Domingo

I really only KNOW music by Boyz II Men and Sting.

Looks like a really small company, so that means lots of attention and if it's good enough for Boyz II Men and Sting...then that's GOOD.

Boz Scaggs is a Texas jazz/rock/blues/musician/singer -- he was a part of David Foster & Friends last year -- had a hit with Foster's "Look What You've Done To Me" back in the 80's (from Urban Cowboy, I think). He also had big hits with "Lowdown" and "Lido" -- but unless you're into 70's music that would mean nothing to you. Here's a youtube of Scaggs doing his Lowdown, his biggest hit in the 70's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afBdFyE7PeE...feature=related

He did a pure blues album back in the 90's that was one of the best of all time.

The Waterboys are an Irish band. Some may be familiar with Fisherman's Blues -- which I have loved with all my heart since first hearing because it always makes me feel happy. It's been in the soundtrack of a lot of movies -- Waking Ned Devine, for one.

Ladyhawke is Austrialian? New Zealander maybe? Anyway she had that song Paris Is Burning last year.

Rufus Wainwright, I really love. Here's a youtube of Rufus singing Across the Universe with Sean Lennon last year.

I think Rufus sang Across the Universe in the I Am Sam movie.

Roy Hargrove is a Grammy-winning jazz trumpeter.

The Proclaimers are a Scottish band - and are touring America next month.

This label doesn't seem to have the one-hit-wonders (see I tied this in with That Thing You Do, which I love -- and by the way whatever happened to Shades?). Anyway, these artists seems to be the "musicians' musicians" -- not the "turn on the autotune and grab the money" folks.

I love it tremendously.

Speaking of autotune, the radio this morning was playing Britney Spears' actual singing in concert before it went through autotune - could be a career-ender if it actually is her voice croaking into the magic microphone.

Glad to see Clay came to Couchie's rescue. I am so happy for the news. I'd actually heard it first from my daughter who got an alert from Clay's myspace. So TC hit the OFC, myspace, and facebook, which is already more promo than he got from OMWH. And I too love that he was able to get the news out first.

:manynanas:th_Leap.jpg :manynanas:th_Reed_handstand.jpg :manynanas:

I just wanted to quote this post cuz it's way kewl! :rainbowsmile:

Thanks for the info Keeping Faith! I'll have a look tonight when everybody goes to bed and I'm all awone on the boards, lol.

Help??? ADMIN-type PEOPLES!!!!

Would it be possible to fix the PM time limit thingie?

We had a crash in the Three Word Game and I pmd Treenuts. She pmd me back but I couldn't pm her back to say I'd fixed it cuz it said I couldn't send another pm for another 5 minutes. I remember having that issue before, when I PMd somebody and either went to PM somebody else or answer somebody else's PM and the board told me I had to sit in the timeout chair for another 4 or 5 minutes.

*pouts*

:please:

YIPPEE!!!!! Oh Happy Day!!!

So glad to hear about the new label!!! And new music in 2010!!!

And I'm also glad that he got to tell us before anyone else found it!

I guess I'm all alone in my love for that film :cryingwlaughter:

Oh no, I LOVE that movie - will start watching it if I find in playing no matter where it is. Have you seen it on the Starz channels yet? I caught a version that was different than the DVD. It had more scenes!

(see I tied this in with That Thing You Do, which I love -- and by the way whatever happened to Shades?).

Sad, I suppose that I know this, but Shades did a stint on ER as Abby's brother, then was on a short lived series called Saved where he was a paramedic (it was on TNT I think) and now is on Southland (the show that took ER's timeslot). :flirtysmile3:

So..... anybody wanna bet how long it'll take before somebody deciphers the code in the announcement and tells us what it really means?

:cryingwlaughter:

i.e., Keep checking

back here for more details to come.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Oh no, I LOVE that movie - will start watching it if I find in playing no matter where it is. Have you seen it on the Starz channels yet? I caught a version that was different than the DVD. It had more scenes!

You betchya you bangy!! It is the directors cut and it has, I believe, a full 45 additional minutes. A lot of the scenes are more about drawing the "adult relationships" out, like Guy (Shades) and his GF at his apartment; the bass player and one of the Chantralines (sp?) are caught in bed when Shades comes to his hotel room but the best scene IMO was where Mr. White (Tom Hanks) is keeping his BF waiting outside the hotel, played by Howie Long BWAHAHAH! They tease about taking Guy along to their party wink&nod, then drive off like a spatting married couple.

You think maybe I've seen this film a few too many times? :hysterical:

(see I tied this in with That Thing You Do, which I love -- and by the way whatever happened to Shades?).

Sad, I suppose that I know this, but Shades did a stint on ER as Abby's brother, then was on a short lived series called Saved where he was a paramedic (it was on TNT I think) and now is on Southland (the show that took ER's timeslot). :flirtysmile3:

Tom Everett Scott, who played Guy, also went on to make some more films. One I really liked was The Love Letter (1999). Great little film to rent!

:yahoo: Ok, back to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE over Clay's news :dancetom::snoopy:

YIPPEE!!!!! Oh Happy Day!!!

So glad to hear about the new label!!! And new music in 2010!!!

And I'm also glad that he got to tell us before anyone else found it!

Thanks for the information. I've never watched Southland, but I will now. I loved Shades, and Liv Tyler.

So..... anybody wanna bet how long it'll take before somebody deciphers the code in the announcement and tells us what it really means?

i.e., Keep checking

Well, at least we know now that "soon" actually meant soon, and not the soon of Clay's historical definition, so maybe there's a press release coming from Universal/Decca with "more details" and it's coming "soon" enough that we should keep checking. And .... maybe somebody's doing a story on it? Now that's not too much to ask, is it?

I had no doubt that Clay would be recording a new album after RCA. But learning that he's now signed a record deal and is on the roster with Universal, I am ecstatic. I see this as Clay's opportunity to go global. Let me say it again .....

YIPPEE!!!!! Oh Happy Day!!! (Thanks, spikesmom!)

{{{couchie}}} Glad we got some great news today!! :lilredani:

Help??? ADMIN-type PEOPLES!!!!

Would it be possible to fix the PM time limit thingie?

We had a crash in the Three Word Game and I pmd Treenuts. She pmd me back but I couldn't pm her back to say I'd fixed it cuz it said I couldn't send another pm for another 5 minutes. I remember having that issue before, when I PMd somebody and either went to PM somebody else or answer somebody else's PM and the board told me I had to sit in the timeout chair for another 4 or 5 minutes.

*pouts*

:please:

Apparently boards were having problems with outside people trying to spam members, and had to put a limit on PMs. As far as I know we've never had that problem, but it's an Invision-wide situation. Sawwy.

Oh, and the news?? :twinklewhore::twinklewhore::twinklewhore::twinklewhore::twinklewhore::twinklewhore::twinklewhore::twinklewhore:

:loveclaysbutt::loveclaysbutt::loveclaysbutt::loveclaysbutt:

:rainbowsmile::rainbowsmile::rainbowsmile::rainbowsmile:

:23:

It's not us. IPS did it. And unless they put in a fix...which I'll check to see..then there's nothing I can do about it. And I hate it as well.

Tell IPS that canfly says :23:

i.e., Keep checking

OMG! I never noticed! I love it! :cryingwlaughter:

Why are you spoilering, lol?

:GM_FCA:

Good Luck to everyone trying for tickets today!

67 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim