#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

OMG & EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE He sings beautiful

At one point he talks about David's Birthday and he sounds exactly like he did on the old Clack before he became famous (Hometown something?). I don't have it saved but it is the one where he talks about people in the audience having birthdays, including his Mother's. You can take the boy out of the country but.........

You know what? That man KILLS on that song. No two ways about it. When he first sang UM 6 1/2 years ago on AI, I was impressed, but it was never my favorite. Now? I can listen to him nail that high note for hours on end, not to mention the low notes at the beginning. Yummy.

Love hearing the banter too. As much as I love the music, I love the talk too.

Clay Aiken. The perfect package. Funny, warm, talented, and so much more.

I also love him for just kind of casually showing up. Just enough to give me another morsel. That will sustain me for a bit.

Sa-woon.

ETA: From fcl1 at CB:

just got home from david foster show. clay looked and sounded great. david called him his brother-in-law. red spiky hair, no glasses, half grown beard, green pullover sweater like shirt w/ little white or yellow stripes (looks like a shirt from 2004 time frame), baggy jeans, converse sneakers. someone backstage gave him the dress jacket to put on before he came on stage. he joked about there being a dress code on stage.

he said "crap" after david whispered in his ear what he wanted clay to sing. lots of applause when he finished singing.

Making this one a new post, if it will let me...

From the videographer, moonriver919 at CV:

I’m glad to read that you guys appreciate the clack. I know the video quality and camera work is awful, but now I really know how talented the more seasoned clack gatherers are. You guys are the best!

David Foster had a schtick going on (which I'm sure you guys have heard about by now). After singing a note, David would ask a member of the audience in the front row to come up to the microphone and sing it back to him. The first two times, the audience members were normal audience members. But the third and final time, it was Clay!

David sang a note, and Clay sang it back but the note was too high. David said something to the effect of what he can do when he produces and then sang another note. Clay sang it back perfectly. David then introduced Clay as his brother-in-law, mentioned that his sister and Clay had a baby together, and invited Clay to come up on stage. I started to flip out, said OMG about 20 times in a row, and set my digital camera to video mode as fast as I could!

Clay looked great! His hair was brown, not red. I'm glad that someone gave him a jacket to wear on stage so he could comply with the "dress code." Clay was very enthusiastic during Ruben’s set. From where I sat (very far away from the stage), I could see Clay in the front row clapping his hands above his head after Ruben’s songs and waving his arms around after Ruben’s request. Near the end of Charice’s set, someone came by the front row, and Clay ducked and ran along the front row to go backstage.

This post may travel.

:GM_FCA:

So nice to wake up to fresh clack in the morning...I do hope there is a download of it soon...I have tried to listen 3 different times and the youtube keeps freezing up on me...clayoitus interruptus is not a good thing, LOL!

I do believe though that UM may become Clay's signature song...no one sings it like he does!

23 Days until Clay's birthday!

:yahoo:

85 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

david called him his brother-in-law
:wub: Love this.

Great audio on that youtube! Hope that shuts up the people who were so negative about his voice at the Gala. Yeah, right....they'll probably bitch about him singing UM again. It's always something.

Hope we get some more visual, and I'd love it if we got more clack of the banter, etc. So cool to have been in the audience, I bet! I wish he'd given us a heads up, but totally understand why he didn't.

Great audio on that youtube! Hope that shuts up the people who were so negative about his voice at the Gala. Yeah, right....they'll probably bitch about him singing UM again. It's always something.

Hope we get some more visual, and I'd love it if we got more clack of the banter, etc. So cool to have been in the audience, I bet! I wish he'd given us a heads up, but totally understand why he didn't.

LOL...already some worrying that this song will be on the next CD along with Moon River...I swear, I think some fans are not happy unless they are complaining about something.

Kim

He sang that song beautifully. I read that they are worried it maybe on his next CD. I guess I am easy because if he records what he wants and sounds that good, I could care less what he records. I will buy. It never fails, he gives a great performance and the negativity starts. I guess I just don't get it.

Yeah, right....they'll probably bitch about him singing UM again

Yeah Kim you are right.......it's already started! Oh and they don't like it because he didn't let them know! Duh! It's a surprise!

I think Clay has chosen the way he wants to go. It makes sense. It's what those outside the core fandom* expect him to sing. It's the way he is going to have a career in this business. That voice is what makes him stand out. I don't see him ever trying to go the pop-star route again. I do think OMWH was for the FANS. The new recordings will be for the rest of his career. JMO.

---

I have a friend who runs a large youth sports organization in Omaha. He told me once that no matter what he did a certain percentage of the people he dealt with would be unhappy and certain people would never be happy at all. Once he accepted those two things his job got much easier.

:snoopy:

eta *I refuse to use THAT term... :rolleyes:

etaa...*pats luckiest on the head and gives her a cookie* :P

LOL, Jamar...I think I know what "term" you are talking about and I don't use it either!

This fandom is so predictable!

Kim

LOL...already some worrying that this song will be on the next CD along with Moon River...I swear, I think some fans are not happy unless they are complaining about something.

Kim

Wow I love UM melody by clay, I hope he does recorde it, as far as Moon River, never was a fan of that song but more I listen Clay sing more I love it. I would love to hear UM and MR on a new cd, he has a voice for these songs. Hey I love to hear him sing anything!

I'm curious... I'm assuming that it's hard for gay men to adopt but what about surrogate moms? I'd think that there would be lots of those women out there who would take $10,000 (or whatever the amount might be) from a gay man/couple or a single mom just as they would from a 'traditional' couple.

:shrug:

Yes? No?

Obviously, Rosie was able adopt 4 kids. Was that just because she had MONEY?

Not all adoption agencies allow gays to adopt, and they may face tougher restrictions in who they can adopt. The $10,000 is just the fee to the mother, but the costs over and above that can exceed $100,000 for surrogacy.

Yeah, right....they'll probably bitch about him singing UM again

Yeah Kim you are right.......it's already started! Oh and they don't like it because he didn't let them know! Duh! It's a surprise!

I am puzzled. I have been reading at CH, CV, and OFC and aside from 2 posts on CH all the ones I have read have been very positive.

People seem to be over the moon about this performance.

ETA I just d/l'd the mp3 onto my iPod and listened to it. Sigh! What a beautiful performance and that lower register. Loved it.

:GA_FCA:

WOOHOO -- what a fantastic performance! I have uploaded a new Carolina On My Mind blog with Fountaindawg's sunny graphic, moonriver919's recap and video from last night, plus an mp3 Sendspace of UM. Hope you enjoy! :snoopy:

Last night Aspiegirl reappeared online about the time we were hearing from the DF&F Concert. In the process, she wrote an amazing blog entitled Behind the Wall of Autism that is well worth the read.

Hope she will soon be creating montages again soon! :wub:

Please let him also include My Eyes Adored You. :wub: I am addicted to that performance. Every.single.note.

Agreed, luckiest1 ... plus I'll take that wonderful "Moon River" interpretation, too. :whistling-1:

Have an awesome Saturday, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Click to stream Clay Aiken at MySpace

Oh how easy it is to spend a couple of hours on the computer after reading that there is :dance2:Clack. :dance2: I got sidetracked while d/ling UM to my iPod and have just been listening to Just You.

Was this one of the songs that he tried out during the JBT? If so, can someone tell me at what concert he did and which the best video.

Oh how easy it is to spend a couple of hours on the computer after reading that there is :dance2:Clack. :dance2: I got sidetracked while d/ling UM to my iPod and have just been listening to Just You.

Was this one of the songs that he tried out during the JBT? If so, can someone tell me at what concert he did and which the best video.

He only did it in the first for the first 6. Don't know which is the best video. We did a montage for the one in Darien Lake. BUT there may be better video out there. This was my favourite new song from the JBT. He changed the words a few times on it and the recorded version isn't the same either. :cryingwlaughter:

Clay sounds wonderful, especially that glorious lower register.

This is, honestly, the first time I have really enjoyed this song!

I listened to the Canadian Tenors sing Hallelujah on Lala - they do a wonderful job, but this song really requires a voice like, oh, say, Leonard Cohen's voice :-) - a more rough voice suits it better.

Although it was v. entertaining to hear a clear smooth perfectly sung and enunciated "She tied you to a kitchen chair". :-O

I luv clack.

Hey! I'm in Merrillville, Indiana! As a matter of fact, I'm in the same hotel I stayed at for Clay, 2006. *waves at luckiest1* This time, it's for my husband's favorite band, Steely Dan. They are doing one of their albums, Aja, from beginning to end, plus extra songs at the end of the set. I love this concept, and can't wait for Clay to try something like that in 10-20 years. Yeah, I'm confident he'll still be singing at that time!

Hey! I'm in Merrillville, Indiana! As a matter of fact, I'm in the same hotel I stayed at for Clay, 2006. *waves at luckiest1* This time, it's for my husband's favorite band, Steely Dan. They are doing one of their albums, Aja, from beginning to end, plus extra songs at the end of the set. I love this concept, and can't wait for Clay to try something like that in 10-20 years. Yeah, I'm confident he'll still be singing at that time!

Cool! Great band. Your husband has excellent taste. (Of course we knew that--he married you!) Maybe you'll see some of the musicians who recorded OMWH with Clay!! :04:

Just got home from our Toronto Cluncheon....it was great to see and be able to chat with everyone once again!

Many had left home without realizing there was new and amazing clack, so they were told they had a treat in store.

Big thanks to clayitagain for the great job of organizing as always!

...and BTW, I would be very happy with UM, MR...and especially MEAY :wub: on a new CD

Good god that lower register of his gave my ovaries a wake-up call! :hubbahubba:

If he sings a version like this....or anything for that matter in his lower register I want it on the next cd damn it! I have been wanting some deep throat voiced clay for sometime now to listen to in my car while I fantasize drive :flirtysmile3:

Am I the only one who shed a tear or two when I listened to the clack this morning? I swear what that man does to me is beyond normal! :Thud: