#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

I tend to agree with what Muski posted about AOL. With multiple songs on the list I THINK it looks exactly like what it is, a concerted effort by a group of fans. I do think AOL will welcome your site hits as long as you choose to provide them. That's how they sell themselves. And of course, AOL is part and parcel with TMZ. But more than that, I fail to see how it is helping him or keeping his name "front and center." I don't know anyone who sees it. I feel the same way about Lycos. I don't know anyone who uses Lycos as a search engine and I have never seen the Top Seach list anywhere but on the Clayboards.

If this makes me a "Negative Nelly"... so be it.

There is a first time for everything. *g*

I do think it makes some people feel better and that is something.

---

Tonight I will be streaming baseball AND watching Track & Field. Good times.

---

Congrats on the job Iseeme.

eta....

The thing I like the least about WINY ... I haven't even heard it.

-----

Due to forgetfulness .... I will be editing.

Wait for it. :hysterical:

And there it is :)

Oh my, I hope you don't think I felt that people who thought otherwise are Negative Nelly's. It's just what I call myself on day's I'm not so Positive! I was just saying I was not going to be negative today.

Check back for 'my attitude' report tomorrow's morning.... :whistling-1:

WINY....love Clay's singing. Do. Not. Like. The. Music. It's sooooo canned cheesy. It sounds all synthesized and stuff.

Yeah....that's about as technical as I get.

ooh I hate those terms since I've been in the fandom. Where one would generally just be talking about how they feel at the moment, it really has come to mean more. I'm a generally positive person but I have my moments. But when it comes to Clay and this fandom, many times one negative thing or even a general question or one of those am I the only one that thought... can start a downpour that just won't seem to stop. I think we have enough history here to understand that rarely do we wallow and that's what's important. So say what's on your mind and if we start to wallow.. I have no doubt somebody will come along and snap us out of it, with a pciture, a joke, or the heel of her stilleto :cryingwlaughter:

Consider this a pre-emptive "snap"! :wetkissf:

20080118-005-SpamOpeningNightStageD.jpg

TyraCap9d.jpg

virgincdface.jpg

white057.jpg

uni1.jpg

UncleClay1.jpg

thetonightshow20060915-01.jpg

My girlfriends back and you're gonna get in trouble ...hey na ne na my girlfriends back!

I just got an email from 00lsee and she's back in town. :thbighug-1: She couldn't believe how wordy we are and how much she has to catch up on. It's a good job there was no Clay news! :cryingwlaughter:

I have no doubt somebody will come along and snap us out of it, with a pciture, a joke, or the heel of her stilleto

See I'm real good at the shallow posting bit! You can always count on me to fly right over the angst and move on to the mindless....I leave the smut to others (muski) and as for the stiletto heel...calling Kandre! :hysterical:

Oh in case you haven't noticed I love the new emoticons! Thanks couchie :lilredani:

Oooooh, annabear, thanks for those pics! I don't remember seeing a couple of them before.......I right clicked and saved them fast! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just watched Canadian Idol.........first time this season, good time to start, they are on the Top 20 now. I dislike having to weed through the bad auditions. I figure, if there is someone I like later on, I can always go back and look up their audition online, thanks to cappers like goldarngirl.

OK I am putting the headphones on right now so I can post my thoughts on the QVC bonus edition of WINY.

[WINY....love Clay's singing. Do. Not. Like. The. Music. It's sooooo canned cheesy. It sounds all synthesized and stuff.

:cryingwlaughter: Yeah, I'm not technical either, but I know what you are saying. It sounds a bit dated to me, at the beginning, but once the song gets going, I love the spanish guitar. And of course I love Clay's vocals.........especially the long, drawn out "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes" towards the end. Gah. I think it's just so great that he gave us this gift after all these years. I've always wanted to hear this recording. Never thought I'd get it! :)

Thanks for posting the link this morning to dreamlarge's wonderful montage, muski. I couldn't enjoy it at work, but did so when I got home this evening. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I almost forgot - Congrats on the job, Iseeme! From Clay, too!

bostonhires.jpg

I'm calling it an early night. :offtobed: Someone has scheduled a 7:30 meeting tomorrow morning... :grrrr:

Hi all....

summer is really keeping me busy with the kids...my eldest came home today from a school trip and we spent a lot of time catching up.

so I missed another discussion on of one of my favorite OMWH songs...WOTW...I just find this song so fun, I often start singing to it. I think this would be a fun summer hit.

And WINY...I loved it as part of the IT acoustic set. I like the way he sings it...but didn't like the dated production. I don't skip it...but I understand why it didn't even make it to atdw...it seems like they didn't really try to be innovative about this. Gives me the impression that RCA thought Clay was simply going to be a cover artist at one time before they brought out MOAM. But I am glad we finally have a copy of it.

Concert WINY... yeah he became playful with this as the tour progressed...I remember when he would mix up the lyrics or how they would be playful at the end of each phrase. I didn't go to any IT concerts but I was glued to the internet for the latest clack from all the concerts...so I do remember how this concert evolved. I loved it though...I love it when Clay and his tour family have a lot of fun on stage...makes it feel like a party.

AOL....I just like the fact that his music is getting streamed...does it help, Maybe...does it hurt ...I don't think so.

Congratulations Iseeme...I need to find a summer job!!! Well maybe if I actually look for one online...I need a kick in the butt in that department.

Love the pictures of quilts...my crafty hobby is cross stitching. I like to do really complicated designs with small squares. No cutesy designs for me. I should take pictures of them and post it. I just need to frame them and give it to people. Right now my favorite pass time is doing my needlework while listening to audiobooks...

I just watched Canadian Idol.........first time this season, good time to start, they are on the Top 20 now. I dislike having to weed through the bad auditions. I figure, if there is someone I like later on, I can always go back and look up their audition online, thanks to cappers like goldarngirl.

Me too! Although not my first time, I've been watching it all along. They don't dwell quite so much on the bad as AI does.

I liked #6 and #9 :hysterical: Can't even remember their names, isn't that awful?? Sebastien Piggott is #6 I think....can't remember the other guy's name. Lots of pretty good folks this year though!

I'm voting a few times for anyone I think did a good job; I'll narrow it down (maybe) later.

Congrats on the job, Iseeme!

ETA: #9 is Gary Morisette according to idolstalker....

[WINY....love Clay's singing. Do. Not. Like. The. Music. It's sooooo canned cheesy. It sounds all synthesized and stuff.

:cryingwlaughter: Yeah, I'm not technical either, but I know what you are saying. It sounds a bit dated to me, at the beginning, but once the song gets going, I love the spanish guitar. And of course I love Clay's vocals.........especially the long, drawn out "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes" towards the end. Gah. I think it's just so great that he gave us this gift after all these years. I've always wanted to hear this recording. Never thought I'd get it! :)

I'm glad we have the entire song and :puppykiss: his singing, but ITA about the music -- initially it's a bit jarring but it gets better in the end. This is why I still love the clip from the acoustic set in Miami, despite the crowd noise in the huge venue (I think it was American Airlines arena). In the end, I'm happy to have both.

:officework:

I was ok with work today -- it's a 4-day week for most of us (because of Canada Day and the Fourth) so I see it as 20% better than most weeks, and then there are lots of people on vacation so things aren't as hectic (for me at least).... I'm in the happy car with keepingfaith!

Goodnight, annabear! Thanks for the great pics! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

*waves to ansa above me. I'm enjoying GuitarHero too -- my neighbors, not so much, but it's all about me!*

ETA: Yay, I'm under Gibby!!!

Since we can comment on any songs... I"m still crazy about the OMG-it's-so-long "Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife" that's immediately followed by "Walk Away" -- does he manufacture his own oxygen? Is there photosynthesis going on in those green eyes?

So say what's on your mind and if we start to wallow.. I have no doubt somebody will come along and snap us out of it, with a pciture, a joke, or the heel of her stilleto

Hey! What am I, chopped liver? :glare:

There's also a well-placed bit of smut to lubricate the wheels of discussion progress, right? :sleezy:

tummybanner.jpg

Wait....that's not smutty enough....

tongue-454-1170914209.jpg

Oooh....that's better...And although this next one isn't really smutty, it certainly induces smutty ideas. :hubbahubba:

face2.jpg

Oh Annabear - I FLOVE that picture of Clay and Tyra - they have the bestest looks on their faces.....sooooo cute!!!! He was incredibly handsome and debonair that day.

Again - thanks for the congrats everyone.

My goodness (or badness, as the case may be) but those pants are riding rather low on that long, lean body!!!! I mean what on earth could be holding those babies up? Hmmmmm.......Muski, I would love to wallow in your photobucket account...... :whistling-1:

For the nature lovers......just went out on the deck to water some plants and saw a Mama Doe with her newborn twins. They were still a bit spindly on their legs and had the white spots on their backs. Probably only a couple days old. Verra cute. Wish I could get pictures of them but when I came back in to get my camera - she got spooked and took off.

I tend to agree with what Muski posted about AOL. With multiple songs on the list I THINK it looks exactly like what it is, a concerted effort by a group of fans. I do think AOL will welcome your site hits as long as you choose to provide them. That's how they sell themselves. And of course, AOL is part and parcel with TMZ. But more than that, I fail to see how it is helping him or keeping his name "front and center." I don't know anyone who sees it. I feel the same way about Lycos. I don't know anyone who uses Lycos as a search engine and I have never seen the Top Seach list anywhere but on the Clayboards.

Well, I have frequently been called a Negative Nelly so I guess it should come as no surprise that I agree with you and muski. It would be nice to see if it weren't so obvious it is due only to a small group of fans diligently carrying out their duties.

And while I am on a negative roll:

Clay Aiken is still the biggest star to come out of Idol, regardless of how many records Carrie or Daughtry or anyone else has sold in the short term. Clay's star is more than the music.

kf, I agree with you here too - but not in the way you may think, and with a slight change in terms. I think Clay is the biggest CELEBRITY to come out of Idol. Unfortunately, you are right. He is know for more than his music. Unfortunately, the majority of people who have heard of Clay know nothing about his music! They don't know about what albums he has released since Idol. They couldn't name a Clay song - other than MAYBE "Invisible" - if you paid them. They couldn't tell you he was ever on Broadway. However, I would bet they could tell you that he supposedly is gay and trolls the internet to pick up guys. I bet they could tell you he supposedly impregnated his 50-year old producer - and not the old fashioned way. I bet they could tell you he was mean to little children at his Christmas concert a few years back. I bet they could tell you he's a known diva.

But ask them to name any of his CDs - even his multi-platinum debut album and I bet they would draw a blank.

That's not being a star. That is being a celebrity in the same vein as Paris Hilton. Unfortunately, all his good music, good works, good humor and good talent gets lost in all the muck he seems to attract.

I am NOT saying its his fault. Personally, I am not impressed by the way he has chosen to handle some of the muck, but its not my call. But it is NOT his fault. Don't know why he seems to be such a magnet for crap, but he is and I sometimes wonder if his many talents will ever be able to rise above it.

You know, Carrie Underwood is on commercials. You hear that song about keying someone's car every 15 minutes. Most everyone has heard of her because of her music or her commercials - not because of a tabloid scandal. Daughtry - I think most people could name a song of his, or recognize one when it comes on the radio -which they do A LOT. Even Kelly, whose last album didn't do well, people can name songs she has sung and they are still on the radio A LOT. But Clay? Here we are just short of 2 months after the release of his latest album and what would most people know if asked about Clay? Well, if they even know who he is, just see the above.

If that's the definition of being the biggest star ever to come out of Idol, personally I would rather he be a little less of that kind of star and become a star more like Carrie or Daughtry or Kelly. I want him known for what his talent and his heart produce, not for what the tabloids produce for him.

**Sigh** Maybe one day. Maybe one day......

And on that cheery note, I am off to bed. Didn't sleep at all last night. Too much on my mind......

'Night all.

Unfortunately, the majority of people who have heard of Clay know nothing about his music! They don't know about what albums he has released since Idol. They couldn't name a Clay song - other than MAYBE "Invisible" - if you paid them. They couldn't tell you he was ever on Broadway. However, I would bet they could tell you that he supposedly is gay and trolls the internet to pick up guys. I bet they could tell you he supposedly impregnated his 50-year old producer - and not the old fashioned way. I bet they could tell you he was mean to little children at his Christmas concert a few years back. I bet they could tell you he's a known diva.

You live in a different world than I do. Most people I know don't follow celebrity gossip and have no interest in it. If they do hear a tidbit here and there, they don't believe it. If this is what being a Negative Nelly is all about, then you are one--you are emphasizing the absolute worst of his situation. Get some sleep, and if you're worrying about Clay, just don't. It's not your problem, there's not a damn thing you can do about it, you've already admitted that your fandom is top secret from everyone you know so you're safe there, so just go on with your life and enjoy whatever aspect of your fandom pleases you. If it's stuff in your RL bugging you, then hugs.

Congratulations on the new job, Iseeme. I'm jealous.

I'm loving all the pretty pictures today. MUAH!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

LA2.jpg

Piggies2-1.jpg

For Muski:

173471050-M.jpg

:whistling-1:

CG......hugs!!!! There are bits and pieces I agree with but overall I don't think it's all that bad. Clay has never been just a singer since he left AI....there's just so much more to him. He'll find his niche - or maybe he already has. SLEEP!!!!

I won;t disagree with you CG...but I don;t worry about it either.

I just don;t see Clay as simply a recording artist. He has such a colorful personality that it does over shadow the music. But to me...this is something that is actually helping Clay. I do believe the biggest problem of Clay is that his type of music is just not mainstream right now. IF he didn't have this celebrity...personality factor...then he would've faded out of public eye with his lack of really big hits...His celebrity factor is what enables him to get couch time with Leno...to get lots of time with Jimmy..and all the other TV promo he got when he didn't have any lead time.

I think that eventually the music will make an impact...but in the meantime...he still gets buzz and that is probably why he has value to a recording company.

I also think that it will allow him to easily diversify into other entertainment fields that he is interested in like TV talk shows and give him clout to do other work aside from his music like UNICEF. I just think Clay has more interest than just his music. He loves it...but it is just not his whole life...

eta: oh I forgot another point....I do disagree that most people know about all those gossip. Most of the people I know is aware that clay is from AI...that he sings good...maybe some think he is gay...maybe some people have heard about him being a daddy...and that he put his hands on Ripa's mouth...but the other gossip you mentioned just didn;t get to mainstream consciousness...

Claygasm, when I read posts like your last one I feel a distress coming from your words. And that you are really suffering from what the sick tabloidism is perpetrating. I get it. But, I could give a shit about the tabloids and their tales. I fell in love with Clay in 2006 and heard my first "gay rumors" after getting on the boards. Never heard about the mess til I read from the fans about how devastating the whole thing was for Clay's career. Nobody I knew had ever mentioned anything at all about any of that. It just never reached me via any medium. But in my blissful ignorance, I thought Clay was a once in a lifetime singer and a sweetheart of a guy -- little did I know he was no longer viable because small people were whispering about him -- people that read rumor rags and watch celebrity tabloid TV, or worse keep up with creepy internet rumor blogs, and believe it .... well, I could go on forever but let me just say that not only are those people not driving my train, they aren't passengers, they can't even get on the track.

Maybe I just know the right people, but it's been my experience that when I mention Clay Aiken to just about anybody they will say Bridge Over Troubled Water almost every time. That song is his calling card. I'm not so sure many people on the street could name a Kelly song or a Daughtry song, and unless they were country fans they sure couldn't name a Carrie song, because I can't name one. I have a feeling there may be more people like me than you realize, who think Clay Aiken has a one in a billion voice and an extra helping of charisma, charming wit, and animal magnetism. Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts. Clay has a solid fanbase still with him every day after five years and I'm happy to be a part of it and love every minute of it. Some things piss me off in this fandom, but it's never been Clay. I know absolutely NOTHING about concerted efforts of people to stream on AOL. Who knew? I go over there to check it out and watch a Session every day or two. I think it's GRAND that he's plastered all over those pages. If this is too Pollyanna for you, I accept that. I just love Clay Aiken and life's too short to be bothered with small-minded people that whisper and giggle about him, or gag or whatever they do. They whisper and giggle and gag about everybody, you know.

Me too! Although not my first time, I've been watching it all along. They don't dwell quite so much on the bad as AI does.

I liked #6 and #9 :hysterical: Can't even remember their names, isn't that awful?? Sebastien Piggott is #6 I think....can't remember the other guy's name. Lots of pretty good folks this year though!

I'm voting a few times for anyone I think did a good job; I'll narrow it down (maybe) later.

Congrats on the job, Iseeme!

ETA: #9 is Gary Morisette according to idolstalker....

Yep there are a lot of good ones this year Gary is the guy that auditioned on line this year. Pretty cool to see him get through.

Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.

Wish this wasn't so long - it would make a great thread title!!!!

To be honest, I am hit with some of the stuff CG has mentioned but mostly when I was living in the Bay Area. Up here there is a gay couple that spends weekends here and they've been unrelenting. Another case I'm chalking up to "you only wish!" I will say that alot of people think he is gay. Now, I've worked with gay men for nearly 30 years and they were all either wanton hussies or in relationships. Don't you think there are people who have worked long and hard to prove Clay is gay and could NOT come up with a single eensy bit of evidence? So it goes back to the shitrags and their driving need to sell copies or get web hits or whatever. Has it hurt his career? Who knows. But he has said he isn't gay and I believe him. Generally when someone hits me up with that I just smile and say "he says he isn't!" And refuse to discuss it. (well, there was that lady in the beauty parlor that I almost cold-cocked, but that was just a momentary loss of sanity on my part!)

But I think the bottom line is that after 5 years and 2 less-than-superhit CDs since his first one (not counting MCWL) Clay STILL generates talk. He STILL needs a bodyguard to go out in public. He's still mentioned frequently in scads of magazines. And he's still getting couch time with Leno and Kimmel!!!! So there's something about him that not only brings about curiosity but also, for those of us who love him, unfettered loyalty.

As I told someone in an email tonite, I DO think there is light at the end of the tunnel. I just don't know how long the tunnel is.