#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

I just got home from NYC about half an hour ago......... had a fabulous time!!! Saw Play and Scarlett for about 5 minutes at the stage door on Friday. (I didn't get any good pix or vids after all)

Our Irish cousin went to see Equus and waited at the stage door for Dan Radcliff to come out. That wasn't over til after 11. We then went to Carmine's and sat at the bar for over an hour!! Then we had to get back to Grand Central and catch our train back to CT. chachaIrishcousin was staying with friends in Lower Manhattan, so we left her in the taxi outside Grand Central! We didn't get back to CT till almost 3 and it's was a half hour drive back to my friend's place from there.

Yesterday was a very low-key day...... we did some driving around CT and went to a couple small towns and had local food!! LOL

Two important tidbits to report from the Broadway Cares auction. I WAS THERE!!! And here are the two important tidbits....

The person who made the $10,000 bid for Clay's Package was NOT the person who will be going on the tour. She was bidding for someone else. She wouldn't reveal who it was, but I told her we had to have pictures!!!

Second tidbit.... As we were walking away from Shubert Alley down 44th St, we saw Jerome walking toward us. I stopped him and asked him if Clay was considering coming out at the auction as the "Special Guest" they mentioned. And he said "No. It was never us!" That made us feel better, because before then, we thought he might have shown up if they had just waited a couple more minutes. But that was not the case!

I have video......... you can have it tomorrow, cause I'm pooped!!!

:hello: to Play and Scarlett and ZENA!

Clay came out to sign playbills, but the woman next to me had her signed and then screamed so loud I turned to see what happened and Clay passed me by. So no autograph for me.

I see no one wants an easterbonnet playbill, so I will just send them to random people who bought things from me in the past.

Besides getting BC's poster, I got - BCA christmas ornament, the 2006 Playbill yearbook, the 2007 musical snowglobe, bought a chance at seats for High School musicals opening show (my nephew!), bought chances on two tickets to 6 different plays, bought the entire Heather Headley DVD, not just Clay, bought the Easterbonnet DVD,. I think that was enough, I also got more stuff, but forgot what it was.

Are you selling the easterbonnet playbill? Is that signed? Is Clay's ad in it? I'm not sure what it is??

Im sorry you missed getting your playbill signed, playbiller. Heh. That looks funny.

Must go back to bed and try to sleep.

Okay, I confess. When I couldn't fall asleep, I decided to check FCA to see if anyone waved back.

I shoulda known you wouldn't let a girl down. :Boss:

Zena.... :thbighug-1: ..........I thought maybe you were lost in Minneapolis! I've been thinking about/wondering about you! Thanks for checking in!....and stick around, huh?

Nah, they threw me out of Minneapolis pretty fast after I threw up all over their airport. :peepwall: I think my name is on a list.

Thanks jmh123 for mentioning that thread. I love to have choices when I'm trying to avoid doing homework. :)

And Gibby, I see you got my oh so subtle hint about, ummm, pictures. .....

These are for you. :bloomingflowers:

G'Night FCA!

hey Zena... I know I miss you! I saw your earlier and it brought a smile to my face. We had a good time last Xmas. Good luck with school..I'm thinking of maybe doing the school thing again too..maybe next year. Although the last time I took one simple class once a week it almost killed me. Don't know about an entire Masters Program. It's amazing what 15 years will do to a person. I was in my early thirties when I went back to school to finish my BA and I took 5 classes with no problem. Times have changed. heh.

My little throwaway part time sit on my ass job has turned into a real job. Geesh.

Night FCA

No, Cotton no autograph on the BCA/EB playbill. It is not being sold, it is being given away to people who say they want it. I could have gotten 100 or so, but did not want to flood the market or be so weighted down, so I got about 1 dozen. Don't PM me now, just say you want it. I need to get stuff out to other people and my PM box is full again.

This would be nice if you got the DVD of Clay singing for the show.

And... I got the entire Heather Headley BA show, where we have the excerpt of Clay, but could have just purchased the entire DVD!.

I guess I need a DVD player now so I can show this stuff off.

Speaking of off - Scarlett will be flying out of the airport any minute and I can get to sleep. I think I am lucky she did not steal my puppy, she seemed to get quite attached to my Holly. I think it was their common love of Cheez Doodles that sealed their friendship.

aikim !!! :bday2:

I am ageing fast, I am tired of life, I thirst for quietness

and a rest from all these vanities, emotions, disappointments, etc. etc.

It is natural for an old man to think of a prospective dirty hole called a grave.

TCHAIKOVSKY
at age 51.

He died two years later

Disclaimer: These birthday quotes are not intended to offend anyone. Rather, they are an interesting observation of life in much earlier times. How times have changed in attitudes and life expectancy.

Happy Birthday, aikim!

Welcome back, zena!

Thanks to all the Spam goers for their reports. play, I'd love a BC playbill if you have one left.

I spent all weekend travelling to and from family events in Toronto. To conserve gas, we only took one car (my son's) even though my kids and I were going different places at times. Funny how as your kids get older they start to exhibit adult tendencies, like being grumpy and impatient with having to drive back and forth across the city multiple times. Heh. Next time I'll take my own car. On the plus side, yesterday an old friend and I went clothes shopping at a 40% off sale, and I managed to get an outfit for the gala next month, at a very good price. YAY!

Happy Birthday Akim.

Well I get to go back to work today! everything at home is now normal....yeah......including the mess! If I could just figure out how to put the shelves back in my fridge all would be well.

Got home from OKC last night and the first thing I checked was guess? Yep the internet! Gosh we take so much for granted.

I read that blog and I've decided that from now on it's going to be "Being a Clay fan means never having to say you are sorry"! Some are OTT but not all. At almost all of my 10 shows there were mostly non-fans and everyone was applauded as much as anyone else.

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you for the birthday wishes; in all the wedding excitement; I actually forgot my birthday was today! I am still unbelievably exhausted from the week-end; probably should have taken a day off just to rest. We ended up going to my sister's house yesterday to visit and re-hash the wedding; another sister was in from Pennsylvania, so we had a nice visit. Its been about 4 years since I had seen that sister and it was nice having us all together.

5 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

:yahoo:

26 Days until The BAF Gala!

32 Days until Clay is Roasting Matt Lauer!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

As we were walking away from Shubert Alley down 44th St, we saw Jerome walking toward us. I stopped him and asked him if Clay was considering coming out at the auction as the "Special Guest" they mentioned. And he said "No. It was never us!"

So it's not just Clay who speaks in we's and us'es?

merrieeee, I'm going in for a while today for the first time since September 10 -- time sure flies during a disaster! Centerpoint finally got my parents' power back on this weekend, but no Comcast yet and my dad is jonesing for football. After what they've been through, he needs some diversion, poor baby. I never thought I'd see the day when my father and mother waited in hours long lines for ice and MREs (not that they actually ATE them.)

Happy Birthday to Aikim and congratulations on a beautiful, smooth experience for the wedding!

I think I missed some occasions along the past days .... Ldyjocelyn? Didn't you have a birthday? Hope it was wonderful. merrieeee, you had an anny and I'm glad you and hubby were together ... even under the circumstances.

Today should be interesting at the office since I work in finance and with endowments, and the board of directors meet in two days. Maybe interesting is the wrong word. Maybe hellacious is more apt, but hey been there, done that.

Last night's stagedoor from butterflyshine via CV:

Spam921E_2.jpg

Spam921E_1.jpg

Have I posted lately about how damn CUTE he is? :hubbahubba:

Omigosh, he looks wonderful!! Thanks so much for bringing those over, as this is the only website I can get on my business laptop....hint, hint to everyone else :lol:

I LOVE that hair! It looks great messy, done, whatever....and I personally do NOT mourn the loss of the sideburns :hysterical: They're my "snowflake hair" merrieeee....and he just looks....luminous....and wonderful in white.

:wub: :00000442:

FromClaygary ... we are one on the sideburns. I've held my tongue (fingers?) but the sideburns are definitely my sNOwflake.

Make that a threesome, I'm not a sideburns gal either, especially when his hair is shorter. But as I've said many times, I wouldn't kick him out of bed, regardless.

Aikim...Happy Birthday!! Wow, next year you're going to be celebrating yours and Mr Aikim's anniversary, your daughter's anniversary and your birthday...all within days of each other!

Gibby, thanks for posting that great review! Seems we're appreciated afterall!

:7254: aikim!

I'm so glad to see both mothers-of-the-bride had great weekends!

bottlecap - Thanks for bringing over those pictures - I love seeing how happy Clay looks after the performance.

Gibby - Big thanks to you for bringing over that review. The last line was definitely my favourite:

Like Fantasia igniting The Color Purple, or Reba transforming Annie Get Your Gun!, Clay fits Sir Robin and Spamalot like a glove.

Last night's stagedoor from butterflyshine via CV:

Spam921E_2.jpg

Spam921E_1.jpg

Have I posted lately about how damn CUTE he is? :hubbahubba:

Omigosh, he looks wonderful!! Thanks so much for bringing those over, as this is the only website I can get on my business laptop....hint, hint to everyone else :lol:

I LOVE that hair! It looks great messy, done, whatever....and I personally do NOT mourn the loss of the sideburns :hysterical: They're my "snowflake hair" merrieeee....and he just looks....luminous....and wonderful in white.

:wub: :00000442:

*sighhhhhhh and slurrrrrrrrrrrrrp*

What a CUTE (hot, sexy, sweet, studly) boyfriend we have. And the next time he takes the stage? I will be sitting 2nd row center. And LOVING it! (tmMaxwellSmart)

So the Claymates are a gang now? Kewl! B) I still kinda liked being part of the Zombie Whore Horde. Whatevs, baybee. Clay Aiken ROCKS!!! :dadrocks:

Hope you have a verra :bday: aikim!

He really does look so young in the stage door pics! And CUTE! Or as bottle so aptly put it, damn CUTE! :flirtysmile3:

Glad our TX peeps are getting back into their homes and power & cable are returning. My mom headed back up to her house last night, where she is one in a group of about 10 houses in her neighborhood still without power. They're calling the storm we had last Sunday a "dry hurricane"....

Happy first day of fall! fall.gif

My favorite season! Cooler weather and the great pumpkin and apples and leaves and ragweed blooming and my sinuses going bonkers!

Love that review, Gibby! And the PANTS! And what's in the PANTS! :hubbahubba:

Happy Birthday aikim! :bday2:

I rewatched "Under the Tuscan Sun" over the weekend---all by myself. It was wonderful. I love that movie. It promises so much.

I like the sideburns, by the way.... :whistling-1: