#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

duckyvee, can you post your favorite? I'd love to see what it is! I think we are such a diverse group of fans and it always fascinates me when I read and see everyone's different perspectives.

I would, treenuts, but couchie suggested that we send them by email to preserve the surprise. I will submit it for the next contest and if it doesn't make the cut, which it very well might not, as you said we're a diverse group, and I might be only one of 2 fans who love it, I promise to post it.

Ldyj, thanks again for organizing the photo contest. I look forward to it each day. Even if my favorite isn't a contender.

I would bet good money all Clay is going to break loose this weekend. I have company coming from Raleigh and I will not be on the board much. You can thank me later!

I am officially tired. I forgot how much work it is to get ready for company and on top of that I had the outside of the house painted this week so it's been a little bit crazy. Now if I can just put all the patio/yard stuff back, go grocery shopping, figure out what to cook and put away 3 loads of laundry I'll be all set. Thank goodness it's the week my maid shows up or i'd have to add clean the house to my list. My DH says don't worry it's only his brother and his wife....men...they just don't understand!

I seriously have a thing for that green sweater.

Green Sweater Lover here! If it is auctioned off and someone buys it...just send it my way..I will take very good care of it...I would even allow visiting rights to all other Green Sweater Lovers!

Do you like this picture of him in it? Cleveland BookSigning 2004

Did you ever get to touch it?-- The sweater that is. hee.

gallery_553_41_99590.jpg

Handsom in Feb2008_NYC [Jerome looks cute too]

gallery_553_41_105020.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA from CV via CH:

Clay in NYTimes!!

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:23 am Post subject:

Georgialina at CV wrote:

I haven't seen this mentioned; The New York Times has a slide show on Stage Door Snapshots. Clay is number 4!

Hope this link works:

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2009/09/2...index.html?8dpc

The quote is from farouche.

I have to admit I'm in like with the green sweater...only because it looks like it would be great to snuggle with!

Oh and bottle....all is forgiven. "Clay on the Rocks" is also one of my all time favourite pics of Clay.

Poor rejected Blue Shirt in the Rocks picture looks so lonely there on the waters edge all by himself.

Ontherocks.jpg

Maybe a crazed fan will swim across the bay a nice young man with a boat will rescue him...

Reed_boat.jpg

Woman, I love the way you think! :wub:

Good Morning Everyone,

Saw the green sweater up close at the Border's in Chicago...definitely snuggable!

17 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Another green sweater lover checking in here. I could see that being an interesting bidding battle though, if that was an auction item -- the lovers (who want to snuggle with it) and the people who don't like it (who want to burn it). Hee.

Maybe he should auction a couple of his t-shirts from that era. I think all of us want to burn those! LOL!

Yesterday's battle was the closest we've had, without it being a tie. Let's just say the merrieeee will be happy, and many others will be sad...

277258530.jpg

Here is today's tourney poll. Another very tough one for me personally!

is there a bad picture of clay out there....

I have two words for you: Jenna Bush

But then the poor guy can't win. When I see a bad picture of me, I can hide it in the drawer or delete it from a file. He just has to sit back and let the world see every.single.shot.

:GA_FCA:

Love all the pix ... and, Bottle, I'm with you on the blue shirt! :)

The new Carolina On My Mind blog features the winning combination of Clay Aiken songs and DWTS with several montages, two in players. In between is a "commercial" for the continued recruitment of charity giveaway votes. Hope you enjoy! :whistling-1:

I have had a BAD bad cold and finally feel as if I'll live. I start making up M-T lessons this afternoon. Hope y'all are well. Have an awesome rest of the week! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

I love snowflake Clay but yesterday I had to chose the other photo. I have always loved the artistic quality of that shot. Great job Karen Eh! Its one of my all time favorites. I guess because I love photography I tend vote based on the photo composition itself, not just the event. And in this case even though some of the snowflake shots are absolutely in my favorites list (which I admit is a long list hee) the other photo was just too beautiful to vote against.

I am loving this photo contest!!

It gives me a chance to look at gorgeous pics of Clay and it has the added benefit of allowing treenuts make some comment that cracks me up.

Why thank you! I love a good crack as much as the next person! :whistling-1:

duckyvee, can you post your favorite? I'd love to see what it is! I think we are such a diverse group of fans and it always fascinates me when I read and see everyone's different perspectives.

I would, treenuts, but couchie suggested that we send them by email to preserve the surprise. I will submit it for the next contest and if it doesn't make the cut, which it very well might not, as you said we're a diverse group, and I might be only one of 2 fans who love it, I promise to post it.

Ldyj, thanks again for organizing the photo contest. I look forward to it each day. Even if my favorite isn't a contender.

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to MORE yummy photos!

And a special THANKS to ldyj! :woman:

Do you like this picture of him in it? Cleveland BookSigning 2004

Did you ever get to touch it?-- The sweater that is. hee.

gallery_553_41_99590.jpg

Handsom in Feb2008_NYC [Jerome looks cute too]

gallery_553_41_105020.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ack!! My eyes, my eyes :cry4:

Poor rejected Blue Shirt in the Rocks picture looks so lonely there on the waters edge all by himself.

Ontherocks.jpg

Maybe a crazed fan will swim across the bay a nice young man with a boat will rescue him...

Reed_boat.jpg

bottle... Um... you can post this combo any ole time you post your Clay on the rocks picture... k?? Yum from both ends of that post!

Green sweater... I didn't mind it in the OMWH video with the arms pushed up (on the sweater, not Clay's arms LOL). Other than that I don't care for it.

But, then, I loved the grey kangaroo sweater, so what do I know? :cryingwlaughter:

I don't seem to have that one in my photobucket, but look what I found in my search>>>

Here's one of my old favorites...

SoHandsomewpr1copy.jpg

I like this one, too...

PoppedButton.jpg

Everyone likes the red striped shirt/tie from the NAT and I did, too, but this shirt makes me drool...

graygreen02_jpg.jpg

I wonder when the depression will hit me regarding the gala.

It's weird what poor people in this country can do. I can't afford the gala but I can get in my car and drive to Palm Dessert and do a time share exchange to stay at a luxury hotel suite, with full kitchen for an entire week pretty much for the price of gas. Still doesn't make up for missing the gala. Crap. Having Clay with me on the road will help a little bit.

Bottle..I love the way you pout.

Good luck Laughn...I do think there are tickets floating around.

I wonder when the depression will hit me regarding the gala.

It's weird what poor people in this country can do. I can't afford the gala but I can get in my car and drive to Palm Dessert and do a time share exchange to stay at a luxury hotel suite, with full kitchen for an entire week pretty much for the price of gas. Still doesn't make up for missing the gala. Crap. Having Clay with me on the road will help a little bit.

Bottle..I love the way you pout.

Good luck Laughn...I do think there are tickets floating around.

I just love the way you phrased this Couchie. :cryingwlaughter: You sure have a neat way of being "poor." :hugs-1: