#58: The man is made of awesome!

Thread Title  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay Aiken can still curl my toes
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan
    • He's still beautiful, sings beautifully and he's still OURS
    • He's made of awesome wrapped in fabulous with a little more awesome sprinkled on top!!
    • Forget life -- It's Clay time!

A few things bothered me about that review:

... delighted his legion of local fans

None but local fans were delighted?

Parler is a superlative African-American actress and singer

No one else was identified by race. What's that all about?

... even if Clay Aiken was the evening’s most flamboyant showman

I watched the clack and I didn't see "flamboyant showman" at all. I saw and heard world-class singer. Has this reviewer confused Clay with another AI runner-up?

Keeping... I noticed that, too. Obviously prejudiced person writing that. First Quiana, then flamboyant. Gotta identify those blacks and gays to let people know they were there. Geesh! The review was positive, but there was absolutely no reason to use either of those two descriptors at all, IMO!

That review had some discriptions of the performers that I thought were not appropriate. Did not have to mention Quiana's race, and for the life of me when did Clay give a flamboyant performace. He was dressed conservatively and surely did not prance across the stage. Maybe I am reading to much into it and the guy writes all his reviews this way.

I don't ever take offense at the use of the name "fans". Who else but fans would go see anyone. Every group and every singer has fans and that is who goes to see them. My guess is that he thinks only Clay had fans at that concert.

The first definition of flamboyant in my online dictionary is "strikingly bold or brilliant". No way do I take offense at that description of Clay, because that is what he was.

The second definition is "conspicuously dashing and colorful": no problem there either. He is always dashing to me.

The last definition is "florid, ornate, elaborately styled". I'll go with that one too. I'm so easy. :flirtysmile3:

NEW MINI FUNDRAISER FOR THE NATIONAL INCLUSION PROJECT!!

For those of you who have not been able to visit The Mecca Restaurant (the location of Clay's T&T cover picture in downtown Raleigh), here is your chance to purchase one of their 80th Birthday Celebration Tee Shirts and help the foundation as well.

At the present time we have only the following colors/sizes:

*GREY (2 LRG)

*RED (4 MED, l LRG)

*WHITE (2 XL, 2 LRG, 1 MED, 1 SM)

The cost of the shirt is $20. I have a white one with burgundy letters, and I love it....very good quality.

Please use the following email address if you would like to purchase a shirt.

Upcopper2@aol.com

post-2309-127785857135_thumb.jpg

I'm home! It's been a great vacation and conference, but it was nice to see our cats (one of whom was hiding under the bed when we returned), and it will be good to sleep in our own bed. I've still got one more day off, but that will be filled with paying bills, doing laundry, and buying groceries! Oh, and downloading clack. cindi, I'll try to watch that clip a few times tomorrow and let you know what I think that musical instrument is.

And you know what? One month from today, I'll be meeting up with couchie and keepingfaith and then also seeing treenuts (MUAH, you know why), to go see CLAY!!!!!

:GM_FCA:

8 Days until Clay is Addressing The Key Club Convention!:yahoo:

13 Days until Clay is Co-Hosting The View!

:yahoo:

23 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Sleep is a very good thing! Right now, my GetRight program is having a field day downloading clack, and I'll let it work while I'm out grocery shopping. Then, when I get home from that, I can do laundry and watch clack at the same time. Any recommendations on what I NEED to watch first?

Sleep is a very good thing! Right now, my GetRight program is having a field day downloading clack, and I'll let it work while I'm out grocery shopping. Then, when I get home from that, I can do laundry and watch clack at the same time. Any recommendations on what I NEED to watch first?

These Magic Changes. Hands down!

And I'll take this opportunity to ask again - can anybody tell me what the instrument is we hear in the opening? *begs* I swear it sounds like an accordion to me, lolol.

Also Leaving's Not The Only Way To Go - love the slightly country sound of this one.

cindi, just watched it -- and his performance is so much fun! His vocals are out of this world! As far as that instrument goes -- yep, I'm pretty sure it's an accordion! Or, it could be an electronic keyboard set to accordion settings.

Off to watch more!

Not that I would be a good witness since I was mainly watching Clay, but I don't remember seeing an accordion at BBH so I would assume it was the electronic keyboard. Of course, I didn't notice that either but I would think I'd notice someone playing an accordion. I think, but when Clay's onstage, there could be a whole circus act behind him and I probably wouldn't notice. As long as they didn't get in my way.

Hello everyone, found out last night that the fan who was going to have me room with her in Chicago couldn't change her reservation as it was made online not changeable to double. So I'm asking if anyone would have room for me to share please pm me. There is also a possibility of another fan who is deciding this week if she is buying a ticket from another fan and I might be able to get a room with her.

OOoh, nice shirts! Can you tell me how much of the $20 goes to the Foundation? Are the shirts short or long sleeved?

I'm sorry this took so long to answer your question. The shirts have short sleeves and $5 out of the $20 goes to the foundation. We've had a good response so we may be ordering more shirts.

I'm home! It's been a great vacation and conference, but it was nice to see our cats (one of whom was hiding under the bed when we returned), and it will be good to sleep in our own bed. I've still got one more day off, but that will be filled with paying bills, doing laundry, and buying groceries! Oh, and downloading clack. cindi, I'll try to watch that clip a few times tomorrow and let you know what I think that musical instrument is.

And you know what? One month from today, I'll be meeting up with couchie and keepingfaith and then also seeing treenuts (MUAH, you know why), to go see CLAY!!!!!

ldyj... you're going to be meeting me, too, if you are talking about Reno.

My second fave from BBH is Scarlett's Mack the Knife. The conductor's face as he holds that note forever is great to watch. I watch Changes twice, then MTK, then TITM, then the others he does, then Quiana's show stopper. That takes me a half an hour and I love every moment of it. I imagine that, plus the songs from the View and GMA, will be my video pleasure until July 23rd.

Fear... was it your birthday yesterday?

LINEY! Cool! Yes, I'm talking about Reno. I apologize in advance to all the other people I didn't mention yesterday for meeting in a month!

I need to talk to couchie now that I'm back, but I think we're going to try to plan for some sort of party for FCA at Reno. Not sure if it will be drinks after the show, or maybe a breakfast the next morning (knowing that a few of us have to hit the road because we have flights that day).

I've watched most of the clack, and I think my favorite is This is the Moment. I'll fully admit that I was never fond of this song, and his early version of it. At the time I thought he was oversinging the song. This version? Totally different feeling for me. His vocals are fully formed, and totally mature. He's just sooooo good.

But my favorite piece of clack from last week is still the Popeater stuff. I love hearing him talk as much as I love to hear him sing. Helps that he looked fantastic that day too.

I've watched most of the clack, and I think my favorite is This is the Moment. I'll fully admit that I was never fond of this song, and his early version of it. At the time I thought he was oversinging the song. This version? Totally different feeling for me. His vocals are fully formed, and totally mature. He's just sooooo good.

I love this one too and I think the set up makes it so special. Clay saying that he stood in that exact very spot to sing TITM for Pieces of Gold. And he's hilarious with that comment that he tried out for Pieces of Gold with the "new found confidence" he had gotten from Terrence. Clay is just so naturally funny. And Terrence's story is a good one ..... The Stick with the Voice of God!

Yes liney it was. They gave me a little party at work today, the few that were not on vacation. I know what you mean about listening to the BBH songs. I listen over and over too. But I'm starting to miss TnT. :lilredani:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FEAR!!!!

birthday_59.gif