#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Just finished watching and recording the Including Samuel video on PBS. The National Inclusion Project's announcement with Clay's voice was heard at beginning and end of the show that it was funded partially by the foundation. Great to hear his voice.

Happy Belated Birthday To Merrieee & Claysmelody

Thank you to all my FCA friends for the lovely birthday wishes. It has really made my day.

It is the 7th here today. My birthday was yesterday and this year coincided with Fathers day. We (DH & DS 1&2) took my parents with us to Movie World (A warner brothers theme park). A lovely day was had by all. Had coffee (s) with a girlfriend today and a little wander round the shops. Back to work tomorrow, boohoo.

Your Bug Out sounds fun ChaCha How is the Morgan going? I saw a restored car the other day and thought of you and you DH. What a wonderful hobby to have.

My DH had his baseball semi final on Saturday and they got through to the grand final next week. So much excitement! Of course we all had to go out on Sat night to celebrate since we have a policy of celebrating every win - it always could be the last one! In the Masters Division (over 35s) the injuries play a big part by the end of the season!

:GM_FCA:

39 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hey eHP, any schlitterpix? I'd love a view of my old "stomping grounds." At least that's what it was back in the day, floating on the rapids of the Comal, enjoying the wonderful food at Krause's, or the dining room of the Faust Hotel where we dressed in our finest for dinner, or the New Braunsfels Smokehouse; breakfast at Mama Naegelin's Bakery, the treats at Old Bossie's Creamery, and of course watching the grown-ups dance to Elvis and doo-wop at Schwampkrug's beer garden (kids did get to get out there for the chicken dance and later for the cotton-eyed joe!). And when the young ones were acting up, my uncle the kidder would threaten to take us to Doppenschmidts's (the funeral home in the Square) instead of to Landa Park for miniature golf. Wonderful childhood memories, before I grew up and turned into a Guadalupe River Rat for a few seasons. Sorry for the reminiscing, but I sure do miss making this trip.

KAndre, also sorry to say I only listened to my voice mail messages last night and apologize for not calling you back on Friday! Needless to say, I very much regret having to miss this trip. Boo-hoo.

And to Ausdon, I hope your birthday was the grooviest!

kf, sorry but no Schlitterpix -- for once I had no place to keep a camera. But we missed you and merrieeee and hope to hang together sometime. Will be heading home after a late lunch. It was a good trip -- would have been a lot better if it had been a concert road trip, I sure miss those, but we had a relaxing time.

jmh, thanks for the good wishes! :BlowKiss:

cindilu2, Still loving the new banner!!! :thudmats4: and :BOCA:

Belated HBD, ausdon! Hope you had a great day!!!

:birthday9:

On topic:

:lovebutt:

ETA: KAndre says, we're counting on the FCA bail fund...

Just finished watching and recording the Including Samuel video on PBS. The National Inclusion Project's announcement with Clay's voice was heard at beginning and end of the show that it was funded partially by the foundation. Great to hear his voice.

Happy Birthday Ausdon! Sorry I'm so late! Have another celebration on us! :lol:

Crapola, I had NO idea that was playing on Canadian TV! :( I've seen it of course, but it's a good movie and I'd happily watch it again to hear Clay's voice on my teevee. :(

Including Samuel has a number of upcoming TV Broadcasts. You can view their schedule here:

http://www.includingsamuel.com/television/

I think they are all in the United States though. This list is continually being updated so more showings will be added. I was excited to see Sacramento, CA was just added for Oct. 5th, so now I can see it. :twinklewhore: This is the same fillm that was shown at last year's gala and its a wonderful film.

If you are interested in this, I highly recommend you join the Including Samuel group on Facebook if you are not already a member. Dan Habib does a great job of sharing information and updates about this project through the group.

Also, next week they will have a viewing party kit put up on their website at www.includingsamuel.com

Teacher needs help here.... I have a song that I've lost a cassette tape for. I downloaded the song but it has a long intro to it that I want to chop off and also it's an mp3 and I need to convert it to CD format cuz I'm pretty sure the CD players at school don't like Mp3s.

It's A You're Adorable. I'd like to have the first 29 seconds chopped off and then have it re-saved so it will play on any CD player :

Description: A You're Adorable

You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zhch6t

Can anybody help? I downloaded goldwave...or the trial current version: AVS Audio Editor but it keeps wanting to record this voice over...maybe that means I can't use the trial version?

BTW: What DO you call the standard format for a CD? Is that wav?

Teacher needs help here.... I have a song that I've lost a cassette tape for. I downloaded the song but it has a long intro to it that I want to chop off and also it's an mp3 and I need to convert it to CD format cuz I'm pretty sure the CD players at school don't like Mp3s.

It's A You're Adorable. I'd like to have the first 29 seconds chopped off and then have it re-saved so it will play on any CD player :

Description: A You're Adorable

You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zhch6t

Can anybody help? I downloaded goldwave...or the trial current version: AVS Audio Editor but it keeps wanting to record this voice over...maybe that means I can't use the trial version?

BTW: What DO you call the standard format for a CD? Is that wav?

I can do it for you. Most people burn mp3s for CDs. You can also use a wav file. Some say the wav has a better sound, but if the original is an mp3, you aren't going to improve the quality.

ETA: Here it is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ax2ups

New pic and Clay's in the U.K.!

I turned Twitter back on just in time.

Seems our boy may be in the UK.

And she took a picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen_Mah: sweet mother of all that is good and holy, i finally met clay aiken. http://twitpic.com/gvgyp

BWAH where ever he is, he looks like he just rolled out of bed!

It appears he is in France; if you biggie size it you can see French words in the background...it appears Reed is also in France...so you may be correct about him just getting out of bed, LOL

ETA: Correction, it was just posted on CV that the girl who tweeted is from Montreal.

Kim