#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

Happy Birthday FromClaygary!

smileygifts.gif

Hi FCA! I crawled out from my lurkdom this rainy Saturday to bring you some weekend entertainment :listen:

New blog Clay Aiken Solitaire Delights

Solitaire montage with concert Audio from Scarlett @ Greensboro

Clay Photos: ClayfaninMN, Comfiecozyclay, Tasapio, ILClaymate, Fivegoldens Clay Maze and Rebus new from Bsrefong, etc. Thanks for your visits and comments, I'm looking forward to seeing you!

weekend-3-1.jpg

:hug:

Ashes

To be honest, I was surprised by yesterday's photo tourney winner. This battle between the sinner and the saint wasn't even close...

277261431.jpg

Here is today's battle. Have fun and have a great Saturday!

And why should you be surprised, lol? Just look at whatever canfly votes for and then you know it will be a landslide in the opposite direction.

:cryingwlaughter:

Hurrrmpff! Apparently, y'all don't appreciate the dangers untied shoelaces can pose....

:word:

:balloons::happybirthday01::balloons:

From Claygary!!!!

Have a great day!!!

:thewave:

:yeahthat:

:happybirthday02: (I has one birfday code memorized now!)

What would you like in the way of prezzies? (AKA: Clay eye candy?)

Ahem - I have decided on some entertainment tonight since all of y'all have doing concerts and vacations and babies - I am forcing taking my sister with me to The House of Blues, where we will see...

wait for it....

wait for it....

"Black in Black & Tragedy: Metal Tribute to the BeeGees"

Woo Hoo!

Oddly enough, none of the men in my life (including my musician BIL) seemed to wanna go! I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya!

I will tell y'all about it when we get back, unless you want a cellcert.

This is just getting in the correct mindset for the Gala - I need to do a compare and contrast.

Going to NYC with my family tomorrow morning, will be meeting a clayfan on monday that lives there, she will show us some sights, she's not clay but will do since I have to wait till October to see him again, lol!!

Our little town this week has been overrunned with cruising cars of all vintages. It was called "Back to the Bricks" and started here and went all the way into Flint. Some of those cars were really impressive. This weekend with all the cars and next weekend with the Crim road race is the busiest I think Flint has been in a long time. They had the cruising cars in conjuction with the Woodward Cruise down toward Detroit suburbs. Over 1 million people are down there, I think in Flint they are estimating about 250,000. I think it is neat that something positive is happening in Flint after all the automotive shutdowns.

Been vegging today, rode 40 miles this am and the heat was a bit much. Been in the air conditioning all afternoon.

Ahem - I have decided on some entertainment tonight since all of y'all have doing concerts and vacations and babies - I am forcing taking my sister with me to The House of Blues, where we will see...

wait for it....

wait for it....

"Black in Black & Tragedy: Metal Tribute to the BeeGees"

Woo Hoo!

Oddly enough, none of the men in my life (including my musician BIL) seemed to wanna go! I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya!

I will tell y'all about it when we get back, unless you want a cellcert.

This is just getting in the correct mindset for the Gala - I need to do a compare and contrast.

KAndre... I'm shocked too....

What the hey is a Metal Tribute to the BeeGees???? :cryingwlaughter: However, I will say that I love the BeeGees so any approximation of their music/beat is "ok by metm CHA" :cryingwlaughter:

FromClaygary... :bdayparty2::bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

Boy, am I beat.... my DD is having a party tonight so I went over to help her set up. I was on my feet for 4 solid hours cutting/arranging veggie trays, fruit trays, salads, cracker trays, bread, drinks, etc. Then I made a couple of flower arrangements for her and fixed the DGD's hair and tied the bows on their dresses (age 3 and 5). Phew!!!

I was thrilled to see the photo contest used one of my fave pictures. Just looking at his gorgeousness from the Trya photo shoot soothed my tired soul! Ahhhhhhh! Problem is, if I thud, I may not get back up... :cryingwlaughter:

Dear me.

This was....educational?

But Clay and the guys did "Woman in Love" much better.

And some people should never EVER be allowed to wear Lycra tights. With socks stuffed in them.

But the metal versions of "How Deep Is Your Love" and "Grease" worked much better than I thought they would - "Jive Talking" not so much.

And they have a MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/letsmaketragedyhappen

I am not responsible for any trauma experienced while viewing this. You're on your own.

Hurrrmpff! Apparently, y'all don't appreciate the dangers untied shoelaces can pose....

I have to ask..... did anyone catch the part in the new Harry Potter movie where Ginny says "shoelaces" and crouches down to tie Harry's laces??? I laughed out loud when I saw that!!!

Well, now I know what I'll do when my mother falls and I'm here all alone. Call 911. :cryingwlaughter:

I could not get her up, and she would not stop trying, and she kept getting agitated, so I finally decided that she was not going to be able to get up on her own or with my help, and we shouldn't wait for me to call another sibling to get here from an hour away because she'd be trying to get up the whole time and wear herself out, so I called 911. The operator was following a formula and asking me all these questions as if she were in dire straits and wouldn't let me talk at all--I guess that's his job--but when the EMTs came they were great. She had gotten really agitated after I called because she was afraid they were going to take her to the hospital, so I met them at the door and quickly explained, and they were just wonderful. Put her immediately at ease, helped her up, helped her into the bed and left. They could tell, of course, by the way she moved, that she was OK. It wasn't a bad fall at all this time, just a little slide out of the bed onto the floor. No bumps, no bruises. That woman is indestructible, I'm telling you, but she just cannot get up off the floor when she falls. Which she does fairly regularly. It's a dementia thing--she has trouble making a connection with the floor with her feet. Sometimes when she's trying to get off her chair her feet will churn like she's riding a bicycle trying to figure out this foot to floor thing. Other times she has no problem. While on the floor, as I was trying to help her get up, she kept saying, "Don't push me out of the bed." :hysterical: But she stayed mostly coherent and reasonably calm under the circumstances, and so did I. :hysterical: So now I'm going to have to sleep with one ear on the monitor all night. I fixed her bar so she could not get out of bed on her own and she yelled at me about that, so I compromised and put it 3/4 across the bed. Usually with it that way she makes enough racket that I wake up and get down there before she gets herself fully up, and I can get there to help her.

{{{jmh123}}} I am glad it all worked out ok and your mom didn't hurt herself. That must have been a bit scary, but it seems as though you kept your head and handled it very well.

I have to ask..... did anyone catch the part in the new Harry Potter movie where Ginny says "shoelaces" and crouches down to tie Harry's laces??? I laughed out loud when I saw that!!!

Hee, yeah, I think I remember poking cindilu2 at about that scene and calling it to her attention, and her spitting out her popcorn. :cryingwlaughter:

goldarngirl did a new montage????? Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Must view, once I get these two dogs dealt with. My little Piper, who usually will eat as much food as she can get her teeth on, is off her food this morning. We had a busy day yesterday and the heat was a bit much for her, so maybe it's a bit of heatstroke? She seems ok otherwise.

th_Moscow3-1.jpg Just a bit of a Reed update, so scroll if you don't care. :cryingwlaughter:

Per his facebook, Reed left for Paris again yesterday. Mylene Farmer has a round of 5 huge stadium concerts coming up in September, and the crew will be spending two weeks prior to the first concert in Geneva rehearsing. Because the tour has reserved the Geneva stadium for the rehearsal period, a major soccer match had to be relocated - so this is a big deal.

Following the Mylene fan boards and blogs (using Google translator) has been a hoot, because they are just like us. One of the blog entries I read was all about the fans' plans to celebrate Mylene's birthday during her show on September 12 by breaking out the glowsticks during a particular song and then releasing white balloons. I haven't dug around deep enough to see if there's a rival fan board that's moaning and groaning about how lame those plans are and how they will refuse to participate, but I'm sure it's out there. :whistling-1:

:GM_FCA:

So, Couchie wanted me to come up with a date for "early 2010 for Clay's new music"...let's see...early to me would be the first 3 months...The Winter Olympics in Vancouver start in Feb. so I don't think he would release a CD then unless of course he is singing a song at the Olympics, which could happen since Jaymes is from Vancouver and Parker is part Canadian but if not, I would think early March..."checks calendar"

...first Tuesday in March is March 2...so that would be...30 days in Sept.; 31 in Oct....add in Nov, Dec, Jan...is Feb. a leap year? "gets out calculator"...

198 Days until Clay's new music in 2010!

:yahoo:

62 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champion's Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

{{{{{{jmh}}}}}}}

bottlecap -- BWAH! When it all boils down, I think much of fandoms in general tend to follow the patterns of the Clay fan. Having been through Star Trek fandom in the 80's and 90's...

aikim gets a BWAH from me too! I hope your timing is right!

Yesterday's photo tourney was another huge blowout!

TyraCap2.jpg

What will today bring? Here is today's poll!

Goldarngirl - great work! I sat here just starring at the screen after it was over, like the fool I am for Mr. A!

What a story about your Mother jmh! I don't know which side of the Caregiver thing is the scariest, but we will all be one, or the other, and probably both, and will need each other's support! Falling is one of my fears, so I have total sympathy for you both. God Bless!

Mom made it up (with a little help) to go to the bathroom around 4 am, and she's still sleeping now. At 12:30 pm I heard her talking, and she was apparently talking in her sleep. She told me that she had a nightmare last night, and she didn't want to get up. I told her she didn't have to. She's sleeping comfortably now, snoring away.

Yes, katy4clay, falling is scary. Mom's lucky that she has such strong bones, but she hates that feeling of helplessness.