#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

Listening to music through our Direct TV; always listen to the 60's channel...what's playing...The Beatles singing Twist and Shout...I do believe that was previously recorded.

Kim

Yeah, the Isley Brothers had a big hit with Twist & Shout in 1962. The Beatles recorded it in 1963 and had a worldwide smash, with a well-known cover.

There are no rules.

Oh you guys are CMSU tonight. Fanagers and Fublicists -- that's hilarious.

I join Luckiest at the barricades for ATDW. And what's the matter with the songs that were original? To this day my teenage granddaughters (one of whom saw him sing it) absolutely prefer A Thousand Days above all other Clay songs. Invisible is second, but not even close to A Thousand Days. My sister's No. 1 song on ATDW is These Open Arms. Mine is Right Here Waiting, because I melt at the voice, the music, the arrangement, the sound quality -- it makes me love John Fields by extension (and I heard the original after hearing Clay's version, and I can't stand it). I am the bitch of Everything I Do (I Do It For You) and IYDKMBN (you will never, never, never, never, never know me) and Without You just KILLS ME. And I still listen to it regularly because it is a first class sound recording of a true artist in his own time.

I tried the hot pineapple salad. But this pickles and cake thing is where I draw the line.

Did anybody post this?

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/55902/

Clay Aiken’s Foundation Becomes The National Inclusion Project

NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Chapel Hill, NC, United States, 08/20/2009 - Clay Aiken's foundation, which serves to bridge the gap between young people with special needs and the world around them, has announced that it's name has changed to The National Inclusion Project.

The National Inclusion Project, formerly The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, recently launched its new name and website at inclusionproject.org. The National Inclusion Project grew out of the relationship between Clay Aiken and Diane Bubel and Diane’s then 13-year-old son, Mike who had been diagnosed with autism. The bond between them grew strong as they shared a vision of a world where children like Mike could be fully immersed in society. They had both witnessed children with disabilities repeatedly turned away from activities opened to typical children.

“We are excited to launch the National Inclusion Project. From our inception, we have impacted the lives of children and families across the nation. Our new name will better suit our position as a national leader on inclusion as we continue to grow,” said Clay Aiken.

The Project is poised to continue to make an impact with thousands of children nationwide as well as raise the national consciousness about the need for and benefits of inclusion. In six years, the Project has worked with hundreds of programs, trained numerous staff members and leaders, and provided inclusive opportunities for over 20,000 children.

The National Inclusion Project is moving forward hand-in-hand with supporters, families, program providers, and other advocates to see the vision of full inclusion nationwide become a reality. Please join us in our push to make a difference in communities all over the country.

About National Inclusion Project

The National Inclusion Project (inclusionproject.org) serves to bridge the gap that exists between young people with special needs and the world around them. By providing services and financial assistance, the Project supports communities and programs in creating awareness and opportunities for full inclusion where barriers break and doors open. It is their goal to create an environment for children where inclusion is embraced

La la la la la la I can't hear you. Step away from my beloved ATDW and no one will get hurt. :flirtysmile3:

:yeahthat:

Well, I can't say that I hate ATDW as much as CF, but then I'm not a picky bitch like CF either. I

:6:

The only music I really hate is jazz.

I'm betting that will be Clay's next album.

I will, I'm sure, learn to love jazz.

Something About Us--Love, love , love I Can't make you Love Me--gah

I join Luckiest at the barricades for ATDW. And what's the matter with the songs that were original? To this day my teenage granddaughters (one of whom saw him sing it) absolutely prefer A Thousand Days above all other Clay songs. Invisible is second, but not even close to A Thousand Days. My sister's No. 1 song on ATDW is These Open Arms. Mine is Right Here Waiting, because I melt at the voice, the music, the arrangement, the sound quality -- it makes me love John Fields by extension (and I heard the original after hearing Clay's version, and I can't stand it). I am the bitch of Everything I Do (I Do It For You) and IYDKMBN (you will never, never, never, never, never know me) and Without You just KILLS ME. And I still listen to it regularly because it is a first class sound recording of a true artist in his own time.

:bravo:

I enjoy listening to ATDW, but I have to admit that my favorites are the Clay originals. I really like ATD. I still listen to Measure of A Man and like it better that ATDW because only Clay comes to mind when I listen to it. "Without You" has been done so many times that I always think of the other artists when I hear Clay sing it. I tend to identify music with the original artist automatically. With "Solitaire," I only think of Clay and not of Neil Sedaka. It is totally Clay's song.

Maybe it is just me, but even though I tend to agree that most older songs are better than what is classified as music today, I still would like to hear Clay sing music that is just his. OMWH album just dropped at a bad time IMO. Clay was involved in Spamalot, and it appears was already leaving RCA, so there was not enough time to promote it. It is a shame because it is a beautiful album. IMO if the single had been a different one, it might have done a lot better. I would have liked EIDN to have been the first single.

When the announcement from Decca was made, I believe it said to expect "new" music in 2010. I really hope that they meant new music that is suited to Clay's singing style that will do well in today's music market. I am hoping for no "Covers." If it turns out to be covers, I am still going to buy the Cd because of Clay's voice.

What's this crap about Clay and little? There aint nuthin little on that man. And I was being all inclusive when I said body. I was trying to be good and not smut.

There are several styles of music that I really don't like, like rap, bluegrass, and opera, yet Clay has sung a little of the first two and I loved them. So I'll just let him do whatever the hell he wants and I'll happily listen to it.

Hee hee. I don't know why, but I find this all a lot of fun to read! I guess because it's my first time on the Ferris wheel.

I love all of Clay's CDs almost equally, with OMWH probably edging out ATDW and ATDW fighting off MOAM. :me0: But I think OMWH only wins top prize because that's what made me go bonkers for Clay. And then ATDW has to come in second because I find lots of the MOAM songs to seem bit similar and not show off his range or his emotionally powerful deliveries as much as the other two.

But, heck. It's like m trying to pick a favorite between Oreos, Cheetos, and chocolate chip cookies. I just love them all! (Of course, at least as guilty pleasures go, Clay is healthier for me than junk food! :laugh2:)

Hee hee. I don't know why, but I find this all a lot of fun to read! I guess because it's my first time on the Ferris wheel.

merry-go-round, hon....merry-go-round...and round and round and round.... and it makie Cindilu2 wanna puke.

Justclay? Why's H20 knittin? She gonna poke wit one dem needles if I pick on ATDW agin? :bitenails:

Oh God.

Please tell me we're not gonna get on the spinning ball merry-go-round again.

Please?

:preachit:

Really? How cool! I honestly though I was the only one who felt the RHW love. :wub:

Glad you are enjoying it. For many of us, this board was (and is) a safe haven when the fucking ferris wheel got too much to handle. So you're gonna find a whole lotta ATDW lovers and defenders here. :lilredani:

:GM_FCA:

Another ATDW lover here; I have it in my car along with OMWH and Clay's demos and everytime it comes up in rotation I find myself enjoying it more and more...it really is a great CD and Clay did a wonderful job with those songs, tired "covers" or not. I guess I am pretty easy when it comes to Clay; I love his voice so much that it really doesn't matter much to me what he sings...yes, I am one of those he-could-sing-the-phonebook people and I would be happy.

57 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hopefully I'll have time today to reply to some posts...but I wanna get the photo tourney poll up first.

Yesterday's tourney was the first time, I think, that the "loser" didn't even make double digits for the number of votes. Therefore, the winner won by a landslide!

79687543.jpg

Here is today's photo tourney poll. Have a great time...choosing!

I join Luckiest at the barricades for ATDW.

Why do I feel like singing:

I can hear the people sing...singing a song of angry men? (from Les Miz)

Do you hear the people sing, singing a song of angry men?

:nature-smiley-014:

I join Luckiest at the barricades for ATDW.

Why do I feel like singing:

I can hear the people sing...singing a song of angry men? (from Les Miz)

Do you hear the people sing, singing a song of angry men?

:nature-smiley-014:

What in the sam hill are y'all talking about? Get those freaking angry men outta here. We're singing Right Here Waiting at our barricades -- with happy faces. :twinklewhore: We don't need no stinkin' angry men!

Good morning, FCA! I think people should just ask me how I'm going to vote in this photo contest, and automatically choose the other. (Oh, wait, I think that's what's happening already!!!) ;) I think I'm going for the more current look, in a lot of cases, where others are going for the nostalgia, maybe??? OH well, I'm having fun being different, at any rate.

That being said, since I don't post very often, I just had to add my 2 cents to the ATDW conversation, er...merry-go-round. The only song on that CD that I'm not crazy about is Open Arms, although I love the lyrics I think the minor key bothers me a little. No biggie, just a matter of personal taste and I adore his version of HYCA, I mean I LOVE it. None of Clay's albums have been disappointing for me, I have loved each one and play them all regularly. I seldom skip any tracks, although I do like some more than others, I put that down to my taste and preference. I really had trouble listening to The Real Me at first, because it made me feel incredibly down, for some reason, until Clay came out..and then it made sense and now it's very much one of my favourites.

Yesterday, my 13 year old grandson and I spent the day together driving around and doing stuff. In the meantime we listened to Clay on my CD player. Scotty got to choose the tracks..from MOAM.. Invisible, Perfect Day and Run to Me; from ATDW.. HYCA and Broken Wings, and from OMWH.. Falling, EIDN, OMWH and MDYK. We also had an in-depth discussion about Clay's relationships with Jaymes, Reed and, of course, Parker. Scotty thinks the way things have turned out for Clay is very cool and if anyone can handle it, Clay can. It's pretty amazing how much wisdom can come from a 13 year old. He had listened to LTS audio in my car on a previous day out and when I asked if he thought Clay would be a good father, he commented. "Well, he sure knows what NOT to do!"

Sorry KF but in the Philippines, we were under colonial rule for so long that our revolutionary songs were written as love ballads (to get under the censorship radar), so I get those mixed up. The best examples of subversive songs like "Bayan Ko" are allegorical tales about yearning to be free, etc.

:BlowKiss:

*must be a psychic thing but I had ATDW running all day yesterday, to & from work... and will listen again today, runs*

And my husband's family - chocolate cake, polish sausage and hard boiled eggs... :shrug:

spikesmom.... together???? O.M.G. :cryingwlaughter:

Yeah... together. I like all three but I keep my dessert separate from the other two... :hysterical:

And to the discussion du jour, I'm pretty easy when it comes to Clay and his music. I love to hear him sing - I'm just not that particular what he's singing. Do I love some more than others, sure, but for me, it's still the voice over the song. :shrug:

ldy - still loving the tourney - very, very hard some days to pick one!!!

:GM_FCA:

Music? I love everything Clay sings and can't wait to hear more. :whistling-1:

Since I commemorated the 8/19/07 finale in the previous blog, I thought it only right to add the wonderful postscript provided by cindydoe and ncclayfan, who with their friend MAL flew home to NC on the same Delta flight as Clay. Their story is the main topic of the latest Carolina On My Mind blog. Hope you enjoy!

Many thnx to them for sharing their special story with us. So far, several comments are by people who had never before read the story. :wub:

Looking forward to new tours, too! :nanalove:

Happy TGIF, all! :thbighug-1:

Caro :listen:

I think it is possible to like or even love ATDW and still recognize that it was probably the wrong album at the wrong time and inadequately promoted by RCA. I enjoy the album itself. I think it is well crafted and provided an opportunity for Clay to add input to the final product as I do believe Clay was able to assert himself to get some of that control. Broken Wings is unexpectedly beautiful. The interweaving of voices tell the story of I Want to Know What Love Is. Those are just two examples of what I liked about the album.

However I think the switch up from the original Clay/Jaymes concept what should be the next album, the timing of its release along with spotty promotion that changed midstream and the inconsistant availability of stock did much to insure less than favorable results. I do not believe that was all accidental. People, not just fans, were waiting for Clay's all important sophomore outing. He still had buzz. He was expected to sell big. The album was supposed to establish his sense of musical style and voice. Everyone knew that first stuff post show was Clive's vision. This album was supposed to be Clay's. It was to a minor degree, but the one song that was uniquely Clay was only available as a bonus track and barely saw the light of day. I curse RCA for what was done to Lover All Alone. So, yes, I love ATDW and enjoy listening to it, though probably not as much as OMWH. However, I am also a true blue member of the FURCA club and thus it will always be.

How long before FURCA turns into FUDCA? :cryingwlaughter:

I am just here for the fun, the voice, and the man. I don't concern myself with labels and strategies and promotion and all that other stuff. It's all :wordpooper: to me. That doesn't mean others have to feel the same way...we all enjoy our fandom differently.

How long before FURCA turns into FUDCA? :cryingwlaughter:

Just as soon as they fuck Clay over the way the last one did be it from venality or just plain incompetence. If that happens I will be a proud member of the FUDCA. I am not one to think that loving an artist means I have to love his label. A record label is a business. It needs to show me it can produce results just as any other business does. Only then will I develop some sort of brand loyalty. I am a fan of Clay Aiken, period.

KAndre chuckles as she watches various member snatch at the "ATDW" brass ring on one of the many merry-go-rounds of the Clay fandom...

Hell, I still listen to his AI stuff on a regular basis. I know I just lucked up and really like 98% of the stuff he's put out there (it probably helps that I apparently missed an entire era of the 80's and 90's, because I really don't remember hearing most of the stuff on ATDW before). And that last 2% I don't dislike, just am "meh" about (and am out of step with a huge chunk of the fandom. Like I have a problem with that.) I'm petty enough to snicker that despite those who wept and wailed and rended their garments over the horror that was ATWD (as opposed to those to whom it just isn't their cuppa), and how ATWD, for whatever reason, sold better than OMWH. And I love OMWH, and sort of wish it got a better break, but then I see that it outsold Rufus Wainwright's Grammy-nominated live CD, which came out a few months earlier, to all kinds of critical acclaim and promotion and crap. Clay's CDs are what they are, and I can't be bothered to worry about him or what he might put out next - I'll just listen and enjoy if it's stuff I like, say "oh well, hopefully next time" if it's stuff I don't. Just like any other legitimate artist out there.

Since I have always been totally indifferent to labels and what they do (except for a brief period in Clay's career and the annoying "anonymous RCA exec" whining about Clay's fan's bad taste. I have vaguely been aware of battles between labels and artists, but in general, don't care. Or am amused, as with Prince and his running battle with whatever his label was.

I don't listen to ATDW very much any more..not that I have anything against covers, classics whatever, just that I wish the songs chosen for Clay to sing on that album weren't being sung so often by others on today's radio. When I hear one of those songs in a store or on the radio and it is not Clay's voice, I get upset because it's his voice I want to hear singing it.

OT for you foodies.

I just came across this recipe website Cookstr

We've got an amazing collection of recipes from great chefs and cookbook authors.

Find a recipe for a favorite dish, or discover something you've never made before.

We're just getting started